Stop/Start System Failure.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

My duff Fiamm battery caused a whole bunch of perceived faults and logged them in the computer. Here's what the nice RAC man had to clear from the system, and the test result on the battery!

RAC01.jpg

RAC02.jpg

The car runs like a champ now with the Bosch in it.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

A duff Fiamm battery now there's a supprise :) !!!!!!!!!
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
daedal_eidolon

Post by daedal_eidolon »

I finally got around to checking my battery, and surprise surprise its a FIAMM battery. Is there a bulletin out for these duff batteries? Checked in Halfords and a (own brand) replacement battery would be £170, bit loathe to be spending £140 at a Nissan garage for an 'overnight charge'. Can get a free battery healthcheck done at Halfords or KwikFit, but pretty sure NCS would just turn around and push for a recharge at your cost rather than replacement.
1.6 dci Premier Limited Edition Pearl Black (2014), Autoglym Lifeshine
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

DaveBerlin wrote:Hound, nice new Bosch Battery ! I was at our Dealer on Saturday and on the floor was a delivery of Batteries, comment was there was a Recall (Rückruf) action but that was it. Whether this was all QQ related was not stated - Dave ;)
I guess this is the battery that is my new one. I tried to get a pic of the battery in the engine bay, but the top of the battery has no label. There is a label on the backside, but its very difficult to get a good shot as there are lot of obstacles in the way of getting a good pic. What I could see though was the words "Nissan Genuine Parts" written across.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

ThreeSixty wrote:I guess this is the battery that is my new one. I tried to get a pic of the battery in the engine bay, but the top of the battery has no label. There is a label on the backside, but its very difficult to get a good shot as there are lot of obstacles in the way of getting a good pic. What I could see though was the words "Nissan Genuine Parts" written across.
I expect that's the battery I would have eventually got from Nissan, too. But when the RAC chap phoned and said he'd bring a nice new Bosch AGM type, I went for the better option! However, they have to be coded to the car, rather than being a direct replacement. It's all too complicated these days!

Out of interest I looked online and the cheapest I found the Bosch S5 A08 was £125 at https://www.tayna.co.uk/S5-A08-Bosch-AG ... P9809.html

S5A08.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Also started getting the 'Stop/Start System Failure' message. Took it to the local dealer today and they confirmed that the battery was shot and replaced it under warranty . Not sure what make/brand/model the new one is as the only marking I can see along the side is heavily obscured apart from "Genuine Nissan.....".

On the top it does say "CSWQ Regular / EN / 720 / CCA"
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sounds like a Fiamm Battery. Take a look at this post from 2014 it might help you - Dave ;)

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1713&p=18649&hilit ... ber#p18649
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
richardtay
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by richardtay »

To disable the stop start system without having to de activate at every drive cycle simply un-
plug the the bonnet switch.
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

richardtay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:56 pm To disable the stop start system without having to de activate at every drive cycle simply un-
plug the the bonnet switch.
That'll throw an error of Bonnet NOT CLOSED...or open? Which is an unsafe driving condition.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta