Stop/Start System Failure.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

My battery's dying -- a Fiamm. Just been to the dealer who can't look at it until the 29th. In these temperatures I suspect the car will have to be recovered before then! When attaching an automatic battery charger, the charger reckons it is fully charged, but the battery won't start the car... Got stop-start error permanently flashing, plus other oddities now and then like anti-collision system not working, key not recognised, sat nav doing weird things, etc. Battery was just under a year old and 7k on the car when it started going loopy. Anyone seen a tech bulletin that acknowledges the problem?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

Exact same thing happened to me and many others. My car was kept by the dealer for a weekend and the battery was replaced under warranty. 29th is a long time. Why don't you try a different dealer?
2014 Qashqai Tekna
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I should raise that unacceptably long wait by calling Nissan HO Customer Service.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

After reading these problems on Batteries, would it make sense to call the "Nissan Roadside Assistance" each time there is a problem. Hopefully these Guys could then forward the facts back to Nissan / Dealer when they get Peeved with continuous callouts regarding Battery problems. Afterall this is a European Service (which you have paid for) from Nissan and the Dealer Customer Service attitude is also not really on afterall it is only a Battery but an essential item - what are your thoughts Dave ;)

IMG_3031.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

I don't think its wise to wait until the 29th a potential faulty battery makes the car so unreliable especially when we keep having these cold snaps. You're going to drive somewhere, park up, then be unable to start the car when you return, when things happen like that you can always be sure that it will be cold, raining and late at night with no mobile phone coverage.

From reading this forum and many other internet links it's not as if the battery fault is unknown :shock:
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I just changed my dealer, from one that's 40 miles away to this one that's 13 miles away. It seemed a sensible idea at the time! Part of the problem is not having an automatic courtesy car available, apparently. They did mention Nissan Roadside Assistance in the event of recovery being required. We'll see what happens!
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

Had the stop start fault message come on last week. It came as I had parked close to my dealer , so went & reported the problem. Got an appointment for today.

The message stayed on for 4 days, and then disappeared. All was normal for 2 days, then came on again. Then last evening, disappeared.

Had taken a pic of the fault. Showed it at the garage & described the situation. A few minutes later, the service advisor came back after consulting with a technician( I guess) saying the battery needs to be replaced and will be done under warranty. Waited 45 mins & voila, I now have a new battery :D .

Thank havens for warranty !!!

I guess mine was a FIAMM, havent had the time to look at the new yet, but will do over the weekend. I am pretty sure that the stop/start puts a great load on the battery and batteries need to be tested in real life over many thousands of miles. Hopefully the new one is more robust than the old.

Mine had done 26K kilometers & was 1.5 years old!!

Anyways, I am happy I was not told it requires a night of charging and other possible short-term remedies as others have already mentioned on here.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Finding the battery incapable of starting the car for the second time this week (and about the tenth time overall), I called Motability (Sunday afternoon). They immediately sent out their RAC fellow with a battery; he tested mine and verified it was completely toast, and wouldn't charge above 44% of its capacity. He fitted the new Bosch battery, cleared the battery ID and coded the new one to the car, erased all the fault codes and was a thoroughly nice chap into the bargain. If there are any lingering faults, the Nissan dealer can sort them out on the 29th but at least I have a working battery now! :)

newbosch.jpg

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hound, nice new Bosch Battery ! I was at our Dealer on Saturday and on the floor was a delivery of Batteries, comment was there was a Recall (Rückruf) action but that was it. Whether this was all QQ related was not stated - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound

Post by Hound »

Thanks Dave! :)