Stop/Start System Failure.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Mak786

Post by Mak786 »

Joy of joys - s/s has been on the readout for the last three weeks, and car booked in to be seen at dealer on Tuesday. Would not start today, so called RAC and he confirmed battery duff and dropped car at nearest nissan dealer. Waiting to hear what they will do tomorrow, although a courtesy car is booked for the morning.
Also has parking sensors issue and weak Bluetooth connectivity with phone in car.
Tekna X-Tronic Ink Blue 1.6dCi

Mak786

Post by Mak786 »

Update.
Car back today and working well again. Stop start back in effect.
Tekna X-Tronic Ink Blue 1.6dCi
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Interesting that in our new Pulsar the stop start is working perfectly all the time. Even after a cold start and being parked for two days it cut in within a mile of setting off.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

What's the battery spec of the Pulsar?
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

gvmdaddy wrote:What's the battery spec of the Pulsar?
Its a FIAMM 120-L3 EFB 70Ah 720A.
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

We had our first stop/start system failure at the weekend. By chance happened to be within 10 miles of the dealer so took it in. Not that interested, claimed it doesn't have anything to do with the battery and if I wanted to pursue it I'd have to book it in for a diagnostic session. As it (so far) hasn't happened again I'll wait but I suspect I'll be back at the dealers before too long ;-(

Ah well, seemed to going so well.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

Don't forget that any computer fault, or other electrical issue, shows up as a Stop/Start system fault. The only way that the dealer can determine what the real problem is is by running a diagnostic check.

In my case, the error message was caused by a throttle actuator fault.
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

Mine is in for a new battery on Saturday, is the new battery a different spec or make than my old one? What is the new spec of the batteries? Mines a 2014 QQ 1.5dci Tekna
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Monkeywba wrote:Mine is in for a new battery on Saturday, is the new battery a different spec or make than my old one? What is the new spec of the batteries? Mines a 2014 QQ 1.5dci Tekna
Once fitted can you post the details please?
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

F1 Bob wrote:Interesting that in our new Pulsar the stop start is working perfectly all the time. Even after a cold start and being parked for two days it cut in within a mile of setting off.
Following on from my last post re stop-start there is a huge difference in the way this works on the Pulsar. We have now done 500 miles and it works all the time, even with air con and seat heaters running. Always cuts in straight from startup and has not missed once. Why should this be, it's the same engine?