CVT version picked up

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Chortes

Post by Chortes »

On another thought, is that's why the daytime running lights are LED, low consumption, otherwise the Stop-start wouldn't work?
Really?

kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I agree with the description...BUT...what carry's out the stop/start and what makes it available is really the question.There are circumstances in which the stop start SHOULD work but doesn't...then 10 minutes later it does. Hence why I think something is being charged, like maybe a second battery or something.I know on my BMW X5 the heating system had a separate battery.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

That description sounds good but what do you have to do in the CVT to make the stop/start work. Theres no clutch to press!
Chortes

Post by Chortes »

Hi Gill,
From what Wikipedia described, autos stop when the car comes to a stop and the foot brake is depressed. Once you release the brake the engine starts.
Really?
shelly66

Post by shelly66 »

[quote="Marianda24"]That description sounds good but what do you have to do in the CVT to make the stop/start work. Theres no clutch to press![/QUOTE]
Hi Mirandayou have to have the brake fully pushed down for the stop start function to work, but as I have said it all depends what equipment you have on in the car, things like sat nav and radio dont effect the stop/start function but if you have the blowers going and air con on then the stop/start wont work.any news on your car yet??Shelly
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

My previous car was a Mercedes Automatic...The Stop/Start worked as soon as reasonable pressure was applied to the brake and the car was stopped.In fact you had to just hover the brake if you didn't want the Stop/Start on at that particular point...well that was the game I played rather than pushing the button to switch it off.So in short, the Stop/Start came on very easily; it was difficult to prevent it.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I have found the stop/start works as soon as the engine meets the appropriate running temperature. You do not have to have the brake pedal pressed just the car in neutral (on non CVT cars) It can actually be a bit of a nuisance in short traffic queues as it keeps cutting out then starting again as soon as you press the clutch down, but you son learn to get the better of it. I am not sure how it will work with CVT as you are virtually in constant drive mode unless you flip the car into park mode
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors