Nissan + You

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I have just logged onto this site and noticed that as well as your personal data it also logs your vehicle mileage. This must be the info that Nissan Connect sends via the phone when connected. I suppose they will send you service reminders from this data they are collecting. I have no worries with this but wonder what other info. is being collected. Perhaps where you are, the time...Who knows
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

This is always a worry with these sorts of things.Connected technologies almost always go from legitimate friendly sounding uses to actively tracking people."On Star" in the US actively sells this tracking back to you as a safety feature for keeping an eye on the kids or if you have an accident and alerting the authorities.If it can track a "disabled" car you have to wonder if it can tell various people where your car spends a lot of its time. I'd bet the insurance companies would like that.You also have to wonder how many "requests" they get from the authorities to keep eyes on certain vehicles.I don't own a tinfoil hat, yet :)
AlleyCat2014-03-05 12:54:12
Nissan no more...