Stop/ Start

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Davefc

Post by Davefc »

Thanks for all the replies on this subject. Last week i traveled 60 miles which included 55 miles of motorway and it didn't cut out at traffic lights, No aircon etc but i know it works (occasionally) My wife has a mini D and the stop/start on that works within a couple of miles in the morning. Most strange.
Again thanks for the replies.
Nissan Qashqai Tekna 2015 1.6 Tci Panoramic roof, Sat Nav, Cruise Control, Climate Control, Leather Trim, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Reversing Sensors Front and Rear, Electric Seats, DAB Radio, 19" Alloy Wheels, Reverse Parking Camera

big_boz

Post by big_boz »

Noticed in ours that it takes some coaxing to get it to activate, putting the handbrake on dropping out of gear clutch out is the only reliable way to make it stop. Even then it often only stays stopped for a short space of time, often less time than it takes for traffic lights to change.

My Passat dsg auto stops almost immediately, often before the car has stopped moving and atays stopped for however long it takes before I touch a the go pedal.

It's almost as if the Nissan's battery is too small.
65 Plate Quashqi 1.5DCI Ntec+, 15 Plate Passat GT, 1972 Vw Beetle, 02 Plate Alfa 147
jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

is it possible to disable stop start ?

if so how please ?

thanks.
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

jackdaww wrote:is it possible to disable stop start ?

if so how please ?

thanks.
Button below to right of steering wheel. Needs to be pressed each time you start the car. There is a workaround made by a forum member that you can fit yourself to reverse the operation of the switch, but to be honest, personally, I dont see the point in it, but each to their own.
jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

many thanks.
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Noticed in ours that it takes some coaxing to get it to activate, putting the handbrake on dropping out of gear clutch out is the only reliable way to make it stop. Even then it often only stays stopped for a short space of time, often less time than it takes for traffic lights to change.
You must make sure that your foot is completely off the clutch pedal. With mine, you only have to breath on it to make the engine restart. Otherwise, it works flawlessly.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Lineman

Post by Lineman »

Try this as it does work! To prevent the engine restarting too quickly, when the engine cuts out, put the car into first gear without depressing the clutch. The engine will NOT restart. As soon as the lights go green or you need to move, just press the clutch peddle, the engine will restart and just drive off as normal. This will keep the engine stopped for as long as you want. If you have the engine stopped for too long, a warning will be displayed on the dash. However you should not have to be doing things like this to make a system work correctly. My last car and my wife's car both have stop start systems, both of which keep the engine stopped for far longer, saving fuel and reducing CO2 emissions. It is really frustrating that the stop start system is so eager to restart the engine so quickly. As I have said I am used to driving other cars with similar systems. The QQ system is too quick to restart the engine.
1.6 dci SVE (Tekna) Ireland. 19" diamond cut alloys changed for 17" Powder coated Black.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Lineman, that does indeed work and has been commented on a whike back, however its not adviseable to practice it too often. The engine is supposed to fire up again when the electrical system notes that the charge in the battery is lower than it should be. It has been suggested this is because the battery used is a little too small for the loads that can be put on it. Use the search button above yo look further into the stop start and battery arguements...there has been quite a bit over tge last couple of years.
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

I found out today that stop/start on my QQ is affected by where the heater air is directed. On demist or feet/demist it did not operate, but stopped at lights and pushing the feet button made the engine stop, as did switching the fan off completely. One lives and learns... ;)
2013 J10 SE 1.6 dCi 6speed manual, 4wd.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Mines fine. Works once the engine has been on for a minute or two. 2016 1.6 Dci.
2016 1.6D Tekna in Storm White, chrome pack, mudflaps and glass roof.