Stop/ Start

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
phmilesc

Post by phmilesc »

I was surprised the first time the engine started during a stop phase of a stop/start event. Because the passenger pressed the air-con button. Felt to me that the driver was no longer in full control of the car.
Gone but not forgotton- Nissan QQ Tekna 2016 Gun metal +FS Spare - Hood Protector.

duncho

Post by duncho »

All the points are correct. Turn your Airco to LO and S/S will not kick in. Only if level of driver's comfort is not affected, S/S will be enabled.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Stop/start will operate occasionally when the air con is on, but usually only when the fan is on its lower settings, on either manual or auto setting. Just been out in the car to confirm my statement.gvmdaddy2015-08-30 19:27:25
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

My air con is on and on fully automatic, stop start still operates
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
ProceSS

Post by ProceSS »

S/S will on only if all condition will be correct (is several of condition to pass), it doesn't matter AC is on or off, on min. or max, but temperature inside ... I have AIR on AUTO always and S/S is working
:geek: QQ TEKNA 1.2DIG-T NIGHSHADE - 2014 :geek:
tonylambert30

Post by tonylambert30 »

Gel wrote:Yes I find far less likely to operate than on previous motas. Seems to be a QQ characteristic.If you use Search, you'll see a lot of posts on it.
Gel2015-08-24 12:23:43

hello all I work for Nissan uk this is a daily issue we have the battery on the car has to be over 75% charged the cars engine at optimum temperature and no big loads on the battery stop start will work then
Montytb4

Post by Montytb4 »

tonylambert30
hello all I work for Nissan uk this is a daily issue we have the battery on the car has to be over 75% charged the cars engine at optimum temperature and no big loads on the battery stop start will work then
Would this suggest then that Nissan know there is an issue with the batteries affecting the Stop/Start on the Qashqai?
Are they going to do anything about it, a recall to fit better batteries maybe? or is it the charging system that isn't up to the job?

I'm currently using a Nissan Note (1.2) courtesy car from my Nissan Garage as my new QQ has been impounded while it waits for a replacement fuel rail - they found its leaking & the part is on back order (it could be effecting the Stop/Start as well). The Note Stop/start comes in every time, (I think others have mentioned that as well) within a mile from home on a cold start it kicks in, strangely, turning on the A/C doesn't effect the Stop/Start but if I turn on the rear screen heater the engine starts (with or without the A/C on). on the QQ it seems to be the other way round.
I know its a different engine, but how come it works fine on that engine, but not on the QQ.

These engines are joint ventures with Renault, the 1.2 turbo in the QQ can be found in the new Clio, Scenic & the Dacia's etc, does anyone know if there are the same issues with an Renault models?
2015 1.2 N-Tec in Bullish Bronze :-) - Moved on!
2018 1.2 N-Connecta in Vivid Blue :D
rongil

Post by rongil »

Same problem Start/stop problem - "Auto" icon on display. On/off switch not responding. But later OK ! checked Battery at 12.15 V . Had a flat battery problem couple of weeks ago for no apparent reason. could they be connected? Will continue to monitor - always make sure I have my phone with me now.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Car does not sufficiently charge the battery. There is a problem with IPDM which should monitor battery charge status and control alternator via ECM.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
rongil

Post by rongil »

What does this mean Not familiar with these terms. Should I pass this info to garage when ai take it in. Also the adjacent parking sensor switch sometimes switches on and off on its own.