Stop/ Start

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Davefc

Post by Davefc »

Hi had my QQ since June this year brand new Teckna. I am disappointed with the StopStart system. I know that conditions have to be right but i can go on a 40 mile round trip and it works only once or twice. Does any body else find it poor? My wifes mini would stop/start about 20 times on the same trip.
Nissan Qashqai Tekna 2015 1.6 Tci Panoramic roof, Sat Nav, Cruise Control, Climate Control, Leather Trim, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Reversing Sensors Front and Rear, Electric Seats, DAB Radio, 19" Alloy Wheels, Reverse Parking Camera

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Yes I find far less likely to operate than on previous motas. Seems to be a QQ characteristic.If you use Search, you'll see a lot of posts on it.
Gel2015-08-24 12:23:43
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Dont have any trouble with mine, even works from a cold start. I have noticed it works more readily when the ambient temp is over about 12£C and also when the air is relatively dry.
UKDOGMAN

Post by UKDOGMAN »

Yep same problem. Rubbish as far as I am concerned. I mentioned to dealer and just got a load of waffle about there being more being conditions being attached to it than a UN treaty before it decides to stop.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Personally I wish mine would cut out less, in 18 months only just over 3kg of so called carbon saved and I would bet the car uses more petrol in re-starting every time and it must put wear on the starter motor and extra draw on the battery. A highly overrated, not needed accessory in my opinion.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Mine hardly ever stops the engine and I like it like that. I prefer to choose when to stop the engine for myself.My Honda would stop ten times as often as the Nissan, but I don't let it do so unless it suits me, which is more work for me than the Nissan is. If I was a town driver or drove where there were long delays, then maybe I would want it more like the Honda, but since I don't I appreciate the heavy duty starting system that is likely to last the life of the car considering that it hardly does any work.
777HAM

Post by 777HAM »

I had a new Tekna Note last year on lease and this was my first experience of stop/start. I thought it was great as I hardly noticed it during every day driving but my QQ Tekna CVT now is not good. I guess it's the gearbox and keeping the foot on the brake more. I almost always switch it off straight away now.
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

The stop/start is influenced by many factors, but the most common are:1. Depression of the footbrake. Light pressure will usually not engage the system, but firm pressure on the brake will.2. Air conditioning on, it will not operate at all.3. In hot weather, or after the car has worked at high speed and the engine is hot, the sensors will determine if it is detrimental to the engine if the unit turns the engine off.4. If you are operating a lot of accessories, blower, heated rear window, seat, lights etc, it will not switch off because the power drain is too excessive, and it needs to keep the engine running to operate the current draw from these items.
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

The reference to air conditioning is not correct. My air con very rarely gets switched off but stop start still works. Don't like the system as it is not consistent but does still operate. I have apparently saved over 5 kg of CO2 in 12 k miles whatever that means
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Points 1 and 2 are incorrect. Pressure on foot brake and using air conditioning.