Decisions, decisions...

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
MrQQ

Post by MrQQ »

Have a current QQ NTec+ on a business thing. I'm going to need a new car soon, not sure wether to buy a new QQ on F&F or buy a second hand QQ or QQ+2 or another car.

See my other post about buying the new QQ 2014 model, or thinking of getting a second hand QQ maybe around max 12K.

If I went to buy a second hand one, maybe look at a +2 model purely for the added flexibility of e boot space, extra seat for the (very) odd time need it. Is there any difference in the actual car of the +2? Problems, mechanics etc?

What is the max age of the people that can sit in the rear seats? I don't think the car is physically that much bigger is it, so seems maybe a good idea to get the +2? How much more do they cost second hand over the standard QQ?

If I buy second hand, any things I should look out for specifically, ideally would prefer some Nissanw arrant left buy maybe won't so what should I look for? Ideally I'd like the face lifted model as well.

When and what model did the connect touch screen come on, did it ever go on Acenta models? I have it on e business car currently so wouldn't want to lose it really.

ThanksMrQQ2014-03-02 17:54:36

kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

All I can really add here is that I have three older teenagers one of which is about 5'8" and she fits in the back with no issues at all.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
MrQQ

Post by MrQQ »

[quote="kramrolyat70"] All I can really add here is that I have three older teenagers one of which is about 5'8" and she fits in the back with no issues at all.
[/QUOTE]
Is this the +2 seats right in the back? Can you split them and make it a 6 sweater car and have some extra boot space?
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

ahh sorry misunderstood...I have a new 2014 QQ....
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

I wouldn't want to ride in the 3rd row of seats for any length of time as an "adult" or even as an older kid.I'd suggest if you want a true 7 seater you want to look at something more designed for the job.The +2 is more for ferrying additional small kids on short runs.It is possible to just have 1 of the additional seats up and the other down but it will put any luggage in possible collision with whoever is seated there unless you lash it down properly.I'm also not really convinced about the crash protection and the people in that 3rd row of seats as they are very, very close to the rear windscreen.My opinion obviously.
Nissan no more...