Noise from under car when braking

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
UKDOGMAN

Post by UKDOGMAN »

Does anyone else suffer from a metallic crack sound when applying the brake the first time after pulling away. Quite loud with window down. Once done it doesn't do it again until the car has been stood stationary for a while, such as park up go shopping for an hour, pull away and brake and there it is again. Brakes work OK just this noise which is quite loud?

Pjonah

Post by Pjonah »

Sounds like an issues with the automatic brake, maybe partially sticking on?
QQ1.5dCi Tekna Thermonuclear Panoramic intercontinental Ballistic Missile Chrome Mirrors
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Or maybe you've run over a lollipop lady who's still trapped underneath. The electronic brake makes quite a distinctive motorised noise when applying or releasing. My brakes make all manner of groans and creaks when barely touching the brake pedal. I'm hoping they are just settling in.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

Mine started doing it, luckily around the time of its first service. It made a real loud crack when initially pulling away or moving from reverse to first. It was the pads moving in the caliper and was fixed under warranty
Alekos

Post by Alekos »

Yeap, I have also this noise after the electronic handbrake is released and when first breaking. After the second third time this sound stops. It is kinda annoying but didn't bother more with this. Will put the techs look into it in my first service around December.
jamiroQQ

Post by jamiroQQ »

Hi I had the same sound after the first service. The garage changed all the pads under warranty which were moving in the Calipers under braking.
A Stocks
UKDOGMAN

Post by UKDOGMAN »

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like that is what it could be. Nissan Winchester have looked at it once when I had the Connect recall, but guess what couldn't find anything wrong Sir! They bl**dy well will next time.
jamiroQQ

Post by jamiroQQ »

Best of luck Dk.Its completely cured mine.
A Stocks
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

Hi I get that clunking noise when first breaking, but also I get a metallic pranging noise sometimes, when breaking and turning right. the car has been examined twice by the dealer but they say that they cant hear anything wrong. ?????
jamiroQQ

Post by jamiroQQ »

Probably not this when turning, but exhaust heat shields are prone to rattles.
A Stocks