Not such a perfect day ends well.

Set off on our first trip at lunchtime went to Morrison's
garage and had a warning light indicating the pressure on the rear offside tyre
was down.

Got out to see a flat tyre and I was unable to put air in
because the chrome valve was loose. Phoned RAC and they said I was their first
14 plate call out in the country lol. RAC arrived two hours later and basically
said the valve hadn't been tightened properly he did the business and followed
me home and tested the tyre again and all was good.

Eventually got to Stratford
on Avon teatime and had a nice couple of
hours. Came back through country lanes the auto hi lo beam is fantastic works
really well saves so much hassle having to turn the beam off and on!!

1.5DCi Tekna Storm White 19in Silver Ibiscus Alloys, Illuminated Side Bars, Crossover Pack, Chrome Premium Pack, Black Body Mouldings, Mudguards, Chrome Wing Mirrors, White Alloy Gators

SneakyElephant

Post by SneakyElephant »

[quote="Doylo"]

[/QUOTE]
yeah I can see how turning a switch on and off would tire you out...if this is progress I would rather ride an eleph...oh hang on...
Doylo

Post by Doylo »

[quote="SneakyElephant"][quote="Doylo"]

[/QUOTE]
yeah I can see how turning a switch on and off would tire you out...if this is progress I would rather ride an eleph...oh hang on...[/QUOTE]
I personally reckon it is one of the best innovations on the QQ.It is definitely progress every vehicle should have it from now on.Its not about tiring you out its about safety preventing accidents and road rage!!!How many times when you are driving down a country lane do you or someone else forget to turn the hi beam off when another vehicle is approaching. This obviously blinds you really p......s you off and in the worst case scenario causes an accident.When I was driving home last night it was great not to have to think about switching the beam off and on every few minutes or even seconds, it just made the drive more relaxing.My wife (who is always right) said it is brilliant so that confirms it is a great innovation!!! lol
1.5DCi Tekna Storm White 19in Silver Ibiscus Alloys, Illuminated Side Bars, Crossover Pack, Chrome Premium Pack, Black Body Mouldings, Mudguards, Chrome Wing Mirrors, White Alloy Gators
keithg2308

Post by keithg2308 »

Hi how good are the LED headlights are they better than the "old" style lights ?
keith
Doylo

Post by Doylo »

[quote="keithg2308"]]
Hi how good are the LED headlights are they better than the "old" style lights ?[/QUOTE]]
Much better I would say! In the dark road signs light up with a blue effect when you approach them looks amazing!
SneakyElephant

Post by SneakyElephant »

[quote="Doylo"]

When I was driving home last night it was great not to have to think about switching the beam off and on every few minutes or even seconds, it just made the drive more relaxing.[/QUOTE]
RELAXING??? You're DRIVING A CAR, not lolling about in bed. I totally disagree with some aspects of current car technology...you're meant to be alert when driving, not 'relaxing'.
Doylo

Post by Doylo »

[quote="SneakyElephant"][quote="Doylo"]

When I was driving home last night it was great not to have to think about switching the beam off and on every few minutes or even seconds, it just made the drive more relaxing.[/QUOTE]
RELAXING??? You're DRIVING A CAR, not lolling about in bed. I totally disagree with some aspects of current car technology...you're meant to be alert when driving, not 'relaxing'.[/QUOTE]
Of course you can relax when driving a vehicle and still be alert why do you think Nissan (help of nasa) and all the other major companies spend fortunes developing seat technology. I presume from what you are saying you have a wooden bench in your car which is really uncomfortable so it makes you more alert.Maybe all new tech is not needed or beneficial but I personally think auto hi lo beam is a great innovation that's not meant to make you so comfortable/relaxed you dose off but an aid to safer driving.I have been driving (relaxed) for 35 years and have never touch wood made a claim or had an accident. I probably did get too relaxed one day and wasn't alert enough to spot a speed camera and got done for 34 mph. I appealed blaming the comfortable seat but to my amazement I lost the appeal!!I would be interested to hear what other new QQ drivers think of auto hi lo beam. I would be very surprised if any body else was negative about it
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

still waiting for my QQ so unable to give a view on the auto hi low, but my present car a Vauxhall insignia as hi low and it is fantastic, the car has lights that sine around the corner, if you indicate right it throws light to the right and the same to the left, the lighting system on the insignia is super fantastic, a great safety feature.steve
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
Doylo

Post by Doylo »

[quote="stephen160"]
still waiting for my QQ so unable to give a view on the auto hi low, but my present car a Vauxhall insignia as hi low and it is fantastic, the car has lights that sine around the corner, if you indicate right it throws light to the right and the same to the left, the lighting system on the insignia is super fantastic, a great safety feature.steve[/QUOTE]
Look forward to hearing your thoughts when you take delivery of your QQ.I am sure it will be equally if not better than the Insignia!!What model you having and when is it due?
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

I have ordered the Tekna in blue with a CVT auto gearbox, due end of March , hopefully Thinking of buying the bonnet protector , will have to find out if I can fit this item.Would have liked the white , but my wife's cars white and she did not want anothersteve
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner