J11 Servicing intervals

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

jackdaww, you got me thinking with your comment on the Check List of a "Minor Service" so I checked our 1st Service Paperwork. On the Nissan Service Sheet there are 28 points marked as being checked (hopefully they were). You are most probably correct that you can get Services done cheaper if done correctly. Our Dealer's Technicians are Nissan Trained, Dealer uses OEM Nissan Parts (Quality ?), QQ Technical Documentation is available, etc. and the Service Book has a Nissan Stamp and you get the Guarantee and hopefully Customer satisfaction - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

A Nissan service gives you the added benefit of a guarenteed courtesy car, vehicle software updates if applicable, and 12 months complementary Roadside Assist and Recovery.
PeterPerfect13

Post by PeterPerfect13 »

Legislation known as the European Block Exemption prevents dealers insisting you have the car serviced by them. However, if you use an independent garage you must ensure that they follow the manufacturer's service schedule to the letter (obviously) but equally importantly that you have written proof that they have done so including copies of receipts right down to the oil used. If the spec differs in any respect, or you don't have this evidence, there is a risk the manufacturer will decline any claim.

Fortunately, I managed to get 3 years servicing included when I bought my car but even without this I would still use a franchised dealer during the warranty period. You might save £50 or so but on a car that cost over £20k new, I believe this is a small price to pay for peace of mind and avoiding the hassle of ensuring you have all the paperwork in order - and there's also that breakdown cover that's thrown in.
2017 Magnetic Red 1.2 CVT Tekna
PeterPerfect13

Post by PeterPerfect13 »

There appears to be two threads going on here so I've posted my thoughts on both....

Legislation known as the European Block Exemption prevents dealers insisting you have the car serviced by them. However, if you use an independent garage you must ensure that they follow the manufacturer's service schedule to the letter (obviously) but equally importantly that you have written proof that they have done so including copies of receipts right down to the oil used. If the spec differs in any respect, or you don't have this evidence, there is a risk the manufacturer will decline any claim.

Fortunately, I managed to get 3 years servicing included when I bought my car but even without this I would still use a franchised dealer during the warranty period. You might save £50 or so but on a car that cost over £20k new, I believe this is a small price to pay for peace of mind and avoiding the hassle of ensuring you have all the paperwork in order - and there's also that breakdown cover that's thrown in.
2017 Magnetic Red 1.2 CVT Tekna
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

gvmdaddy wrote:A Nissan service gives you the added benefit of a guarenteed courtesy car, vehicle software updates if applicable, and 12 months complementary Roadside Assist and Recovery.
My car was serviced before I bought it (as part of the deal) but I only have a stamped service book - nothing re "12 months complementary Roadside Assist and Recovery". Do you think I should have that?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

gloucester, possibly not, as I presume it wasn't a service you paid for. Ask your dealer for clarification.
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

gvmdaddy wrote:A Nissan service gives you the added benefit of a guarenteed courtesy car, vehicle software updates if applicable, and 12 months complementary Roadside Assist and Recovery.
This alone can save you £100 on your annual motoring so worth it in my opinion.
Purchased 3 year service package with my new QQ.
1.2 Dig-t N-connecta manual

Post by 298 »

gvmdaddy wrote:A Nissan service gives you the added benefit of a guarenteed courtesy car,
Guaranteed...? I only get a complimentary courtesy car, they seemed a bit mardy about giving me one last time until I said I was hoping to take an extended test drive in a stickered up Leaf, and would spend the day parking near the doors of supermarkets, DIY stores, and garden centres.

They also might include a "complimentary" car wash. Which is fine if you want the wax you've carefully applied knocking off with a Karcher. And a complimentary cardboard envelope to put your service record in. And a complimentary video, that I never saw. As you can tell, I'm not too impressed with all this "complimentary" stuff, as I'm paying for it anyway. Once the thing is out of warranty, I'll be offering them £100 for a minor service without the complimentary stuff...
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Mine offers a loaner; usually clapped out Micra, but you have to pay £10 for insurance.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I have just dropped off our QQ at our Dealer for the 2nd year Service. I did mention that the Air Con had been misbehaving and they said they would check it out for Leaks / Gas etc. A Technician did mention that there is a problem with the Condenser also in Germany with leakages (Manufacturers Problem) and some due to stone damage.
I was going to get a Leaf as a Loan car ( Ins. etc €15 / Kms to home and back €8) but in case a Condenser is needed and delivery is tomorrow and we have no Charging Facility at home for a Leaf they recommended that I got a new Juke instead. Quess what the "Stop / Start" functions every time you Stop and has a lot of the QQ features, it is still nice but on the small side.
I will post what happens at the Service after collecting the QQ - Regards Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken