DIY Tow bar

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Make sure you buy the Dedicated wiring kit so the car your knows its towing something & can activate trailer stability, thats if it exists :)

If you order the wiring kit you will find all the instructions need, inclusive of the looms. The pain the the ass fitting mine, was getting the power connection to the battery as u have to feed it through the car & under plastic trims. BTW i had someone fit mine as it was part of the deal when I bought the car new from motorpoint, I just had to supply the parts.

Just a note. The Witter / PFJones towbar are the same. You can save some cash getting the PFJones item.

Also, the Witter / PFJones car portion of the towbar is visible even when the towball is removed. If you want the be the most discreet you should opt for the westfalia or the Bosal as the car portion is tucked fully behind the bumper
E4T PO wrote:Thanks for the response. Do you have photo of wire loom location?

E4T PO

Post by E4T PO »

Thank you, you have been great help. I'll start looking around now.
E4T PO

Post by E4T PO »

20160910_164245.jpg

All done. Thanks for the advise.
Deleted User 3871

Make sure u remove the keys. :)
E4T PO wrote:
20160910_164245.jpg
All done. Thanks for the advise.
Mattchuck

Post by Mattchuck »

Having bought the genuine electric 7pin kit from Nissan, I was disappointed to learn that when the trailer is plugged in it doesn't disable the rear parking sensors. When I spoke to Nissan they confirmed that this doesn't happen, but offered to turn down the sensitivity of the parking sensors. This wouldn't help when the trailer is not connected. I was surprised, as my Skoda Octavia has this facility and also shows it on the display in the car.
E4T PO

Post by E4T PO »

There is a button by your right knee that turns off the sensors.
JCM
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by JCM »

Does fitting a towbar yourself affect the warranty at all?
Deleted User 3871

No.

So say u had a mechanical fault with the engine, it would be stupid but probable a bad dealer may try say the towbar fit affected the engine, tell him to fuck off & get someone competent. How could a towbar affect a mechanical fault with an engine? It cant.

Anyways the QQ is designed to tow stuff.
JCM wrote:Does fitting a towbar yourself affect the warranty at all?
Jerry1

Post by Jerry1 »

Mattchuck wrote:Having bought the genuine electric 7pin kit from Nissan, I was disappointed to learn that when the trailer is plugged in it doesn't disable the rear parking sensors. When I spoke to Nissan they confirmed that this doesn't happen, but offered to turn down the sensitivity of the parking sensors. This wouldn't help when the trailer is not connected. I was surprised, as my Skoda Octavia has this facility and also shows it on the display in the car.
Yes, crazy isn't it - I also expected the rear parking sensors to be disabled when a trailer is plugged in.
I used the genuine 13 pin kit from Nissan.
A sensing circuit to provide this functionality can't be that difficult.
2015 Tekna 1.6dCi in Pearl Black (plus Brink/Thule detachable towbar)