DIY Tow bar

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
JackUzi

Post by JackUzi »

Hi all,I have my QQ on order and I'm looking at fitting a detachable flange towbar with dedicated electrics once it arrives http://www.pfjones.co.uk/nissan-qashqai ... owbar.html. I am thinking of fitting this myself, has anyone fitted themselves? Is an update required by main dealer after fitting if so is it expensive?Thanks,Glen

duncho

Post by duncho »

Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
JackUzi

Post by JackUzi »

Thanks, I had already used the search and read that post. I was hoping someone would be able to offer advice more tailored to my question, specifically DIY fitting on a j11 QQ and the need for coding the software by the dealer.
duncho

Post by duncho »

You don't need anything from the dealer. Use the correct electronics which nicely fits to existing connector plug it in and work done. I couldn't find the thread where I wrote more about my install with links to towbar as well as electronics.

JackUzi

Post by JackUzi »

Thanks Duncho, I think my worry is removing the bumper. I've done it before on an Astra that was end of lease and I needed to get the tow bar off that was professionally fitted.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Rear bumper is very easy to remove compare to the front one. You only need to remove screw near rear wheel, few plastic clips at bottom, 2 screws near left and 2 near right rear lamp. At the end unclip wheel arch plastic trim on both sides and then take it out. To avoid any damage it's better that you have another person to help you to remove it from the car.

JackUzi

Post by JackUzi »

Nice one thanks, sounds the same as on Astra.
E4T PO

Post by E4T PO »

Hi. I have just joined the forum to research how easy it is to fit the towbar with the Nissan electrical kit KE5054E207.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I also recommend you have something nice and soft to place it onto as the bumper is very easy to scratch.
duncho wrote:Rear bumper is very easy to remove compare to the front one. You only need to remove screw near rear wheel, few plastic clips at bottom, 2 screws near left and 2 near right rear lamp. At the end unclip wheel arch plastic trim on both sides and then take it out. To avoid any damage it's better that you have another person to help you to remove it from the car.
E4T PO

Post by E4T PO »

Thanks for the response. Do you have photo of wire loom location?