Qashqai 2014

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
jd360

Post by jd360 »

Have just test drove the new Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna and was very impressed. However, noticed that there is a felt like material under the rear wheel arches. This was damp and soiled. It didn't look like it would stand up to much punishment or be easy to clean. This appears to be a form of soundproofing but it seems strange that Nissan has not chosen to cover this with a plastic liner to aid cleaning. Has anyone else observed this? If so, and they have the new Qashqai, can they please advise if they have found it difficult to clean under the rear wheel arches? Thank you

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

All VAG group cars also have this including my current Yeti. It is for sound deadening and the noise of stone chips etc sounding at the rear of the car. It hoses down or pressure washers without problems
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

[quote="jonceebee"]
All VAG group cars also have this including my current Yeti. It is for sound deadening and the noise of stone chips etc sounding at the rear of the car. It hoses down or pressure washers without problems[/QUOTE]Agree with Jon.I too have an almost "ex" yeti and before that a leon, touran and passat.They all had the same style of liner, and apart from losing a "clip" at some point on the passat they never caused any issues, even when pressure washed.Assuming Nissan have done it right, and since i've put my money down i can only hope they have, i don't think it will cause any issues at all.
Nissan no more...
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I'll probably get mine washed by the local guy's this weekend...I'll let you know :-)
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
jd360

Post by jd360 »

Thank you to everyone who has responded.