Qashqai ready for Showroom

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Doylo

Post by Doylo »

[quote="kramrolyat70"]]Wow. Are they allowed to do that ? It wouldn't be insured between delivery and 12:00:01 ? [/QUOTE]]
Good thinking!! I have just spoken to my insurance company who can't change the start date which is 12.01 on the 1st. Need to talk to the dealer tomorrow to see if their 7 day ins policy covers the car on my drive.While I was on the phone I told them about all the accessories that were fitted and luckily it doesn't alter the cost of the policy. They have added them all to the policy and if the car was in an accident any accessories that were damaged would be replaced.Thanks for asking the question1
1.5DCi Tekna Storm White 19in Silver Ibiscus Alloys, Illuminated Side Bars, Crossover Pack, Chrome Premium Pack, Black Body Mouldings, Mudguards, Chrome Wing Mirrors, White Alloy Gators

korky

Post by korky »

[quote="Doylo"] [quote="kramrolyat70"]Wow. Are they allowed to do that ? It wouldn't be insured between delivery and 12:00:01 ? [/QUOTE]
Good thinking!! I have just spoken to my insurance company who can't change the start date which is 12.01 on the 1st. Need to talk to the dealer tomorrow to see if their 7 day ins policy covers the car on my drive.While I was on the phone I told them about all the accessories that were fitted and luckily it doesn't alter the cost of the policy. They have added them all to theA policy and if the car was in an accident any accessories that were damaged would be replaced.Thanks for asking the question1[/QUOTE]

That's an interesting one as for sure they will deliver on trade plates / trailer so covered....yet it won't be on your drive? Not sure if the free nissan insurance can cover it either as it's a 14 plate so would need ins from 1st March?

However I don't know maybe you cam get insurance to do such?

If not just make sure you block it in with everything you can
Doylo

Post by Doylo »

[quote="korky"] [quote="Doylo"] [quote="kramrolyat70"]Wow. Are they allowed to do that ? It wouldn't be insured between delivery and 12:00:01 ? [/QUOTE]Good thinking!! I have just spoken to my insurance company who can't change the start date which is 12.01 on the 1st. Need to talk to the dealer tomorrow to see if their 7 day ins policy covers the car on my drive.While I was on the phone I told them about all the accessories that were fitted and luckily it doesn't alter the cost of the policy. They have added them all to the policy and if the car was in an accident any accessories that were damaged would be replaced.Thanks for asking the question1[/QUOTE] That's an interesting one as for sure they will deliver on trade plates / trailer so covered....yet it won't be on your drive? Not sure if the free nissan insurance can cover it either as it's a 14 plate so would need ins from 1st March? However I don't know maybe you cam get insurance to do such?If not just make sure you block it in with everything you can [/QUOTE]
It wont be insured on my drive but I am still having it. I will put the new plates on when it comes at 3ish leave it on the drive till it goes dark (so the neighbours can see it lol) not taking my eyes off it then put it in the garage till I get up very early on Saturday morning to go for a spin. Taking it to my mate at 8.30 so he can supaguard the paintwork I will then take some nice photos if it is not raining and post on the forum. Happy days!!!
1.5DCi Tekna Storm White 19in Silver Ibiscus Alloys, Illuminated Side Bars, Crossover Pack, Chrome Premium Pack, Black Body Mouldings, Mudguards, Chrome Wing Mirrors, White Alloy Gators
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Ahhh the old risk versus NEED issue. Wishing you a happy new car Friday lol

Mark
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Doylo

Post by Doylo »

[quote="kramrolyat70"]]Ahhh the old risk versus NEED issue. Wishing you a happy new car Friday lol Mark[/QUOTE]]
Thanks Mark.Need over rides risk always!!! It will only be a risk until 12.01 and I will still be awake and on guard with my shotgun handy!!! lol
Doylo

Post by Doylo »

In the showroom at the dealership.Mudguards haven't arrived yet hopefully they will come before Friday!50 hours and counting before it is on my driveway.