New Tekna owners - couple of questions for you

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
wooders

Post by wooders »

If anyone is lucky enough to have taken delivery of the tekna model I have a few questions to ask : 1 - How good are those new Bi-Led headlights ? I am coming from xenon headlights on an audi and im hoping they will be as bright .2 - Have you had chance to use the heated windscreen yet ? ive never had one before so not sure what to expect or how fast it will clear . Thanks and look forward to replies .
-2014 Qashqai 1.5 dci Tekna   -   

korky

Post by korky »

Hi Wooders, don't have the car as yet but here are my thoughts.

Would presume that the LEDs will be as bright if not brighter Han Xenons...think of the Audi DRLs granted smaller bulbs but LEDs

Interesting to hear re heated windscreen but bet hardly anyone has needed to use yet. However again in theory this should work really quickly unless they forget to wire it up
TIMMO

Post by TIMMO »

I am coming from a BMW 520 which had good xenons, I am wondering if any of you have experience of the Autodip feature which looked very responsive in the Night Test Drive?
McTimmo
wooders

Post by wooders »

Hi Timmo I had the accenta premium on an overnight test drive and the autodip headlights was one of the most impressive features of the car. As soon as I left the town I live in I left it on high beam, as soon as it saw an oncoming car it dipped the high beam without dazzling the oncoming vehicle and as soon as it had passed it went straight back to high beam. It worked every time and there was no need to dip it myself on any occasion. The accenta premium does not have xenon/bi -led lights
wooders2014-02-22 09:45:32
-2014 Qashqai 1.5 dci Tekna   -   
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

HiThe headlights are very bright and very clear...I haven't been flashed by on coming motorists yet so I'll assume they aren't so bright on dipped they appear to be on main beam.....which is nice.I've had auto-dip on a previous car...this one works well but I've not used it enough yet to know if the same frustration remains as my previous car when you sometimes want the main beam sooner than the car wants to give it to you.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014