Drivers door rattling.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

For the last few weeks I've had a rattle coming from the drivers door. I knew that I had a first service booked for last week so asked dealer to have a look at this on the same time as service. When I picked the car up I was informed that the window regulator had become loose and they had tightened this up. When I took the car home the rattling was still there. Phoned dealer from home and was told that I now require a new window regulator. This is going to be fitted on the 15/06.Has anyone else had this little problem.I will let you all know what happened next Monday. Oh by the way, Dashboard Fuelly now lets me know I'm getting about 34.5mpg. Not bad, so soon I might break the 40mpg.
Toffeeggs2015-06-12 11:54:01
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt

QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

40mpg is not so good for a diesel is it?btw no rattle problems so far.I am running almost 45 MPG with a 1.6 Petrol
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

If the rattle is coming from near the back of the door (about where your elbow would be) then it could be the weakness as described in a how to "fix" by duncho (dan).Should be findable via the search facility.The doorcards themselves don't appear to be the "best" generally in terms of fitment and resistance to "rattles".My window also "rattles" / flexes when it's partially open, as do a couple of others. I think if it's that it's just a bit of a poor design as opposed to the regulator (but i could be wrong).
Nissan no more...
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Hi AlleyCatWhen window is closed there is rattling, when I open window just a fraction rattle disappears. When I close the drivers door you can hear something banging inside the door.QQ013, my car has been back to the dealers regarding the mpg but they state that there is nothing wrong and its due to a tight engine which will loosen up in time.

Toffeeggs2015-06-13 11:46:06
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt
skyscape

Post by skyscape »

funny enough my 2 month old tekna has started to rattle on drivers door and something annoying in rear somewhere
there isnt a problem that cannot be solved by the careful application of high explosives
skyscape

Post by skyscape »

I have same problem intermittently so taking it back to dealers with an undiagnosed rear rattle somewhere too !
there isnt a problem that cannot be solved by the careful application of high explosives
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

AlleyCat wrote:If the rattle is coming from near the back of the door (about where your elbow would be) then it could be the weakness as described in a how to "fix" by duncho (dan).Should be findable via the search facility.The doorcards themselves don't appear to be the "best" generally in terms of fitment and resistance to "rattles".My window also "rattles" / flexes when it's partially open, as do a couple of others. I think if it's that it's just a bit of a poor design as opposed to the regulator (but i could be wrong).
im not able to find this via search, i get a rattle in my door, but equally it could be coming from the drivers side of the head lining, do any cables run through here ?
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector
frostsilenec

Post by frostsilenec »

Qashqai J11 - 2015 - 1.2 DIG-T - 85KW - Visia - LHD - Europe version