New QQ Acc Prem or Tekna?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
aublick

Post by aublick »

You can always order a Tekna with 17'' alloys :-). I know it might be considered a blasphemy by some here, but, hey, it's your car ;-). Or if you have the nerve, you may order your Tekna with 19'' and then exchange with someone from a lower trim for their 17'', and even get some cash out of it :-).aublick2014-02-20 22:09:57
Tekna 1.5 dCi Magnetic Red

kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Personally, and this a fault I know, I just had to have the Tekna...who knows what price I may be able to get tyres for in 2 years time IF I need them by then lolI'll worry about it when it happens
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I am still concerned about the 19 inch wheels, I hope the comments from owners who have their cars is true. My son's BMW runs on 19 inch and the ride is terrible around town and totally ruins what is an average car. Regarding the cost of tyres, you have to realise that good quality tyres are expensive unless you want to drop down a grade and compromise safety. The other side of the coin is the tyres are large and on rotation will wear less than smaller wheels/tyres. It's swings and roundabouts.Once I get the car I will add my comments about the ride quality
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I've had mine a week now. I genuinely think the ride is totally fine.Better than my Mercedes C250 which as a sport was a hard ride, even with 18" wheels.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

[quote="jonceebee"]
Hi Richard Have you got a delivery date yet. Mine is due for collected next Saturday. It arrived last Friday afternoon. I had similar feelings about the gearbox shift throw, I thought it was just me after having that wonderful DSG box on my Yeti. That will certainly be missed Jon[/QUOTE]Hi Jon,Not yet no.Start of May is confirmed with the dealer but i suspect it'll really come down to Nissan juggling orders about as it suits.I've made it a bit more difficult for Calvin as i want to swap cars in May where as i could have had it in March if i'd wanted.He did ask if he could register it in March for a small additional "discount" but the offer wasn't of high enough value for what i'd have given up in the car sitting in storage somewhere.I'm trying to be patient at the moment.As to the gearshift "throw" i think part of it is that the gearlever sits slightly "back" of where i'm used to. I think this makes the throw feel even longer than it really is.I suspect a 6'+ driver might not notice it as much.It's not as "positive" as the Yeti's throw but it was a very minor niggle in the grand scheme of things.-Richard
AlleyCat2014-02-21 11:46:02
Nissan no more...
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

[quote="jonceebee"]
I am still concerned about the 19 inch wheels, I hope the comments from owners who have their cars is true. My son's BMW runs on 19 inch and the ride is terrible around town and totally ruins what is an average car. Regarding the cost of tyres, you have to realise that good quality tyres are expensive unless you want to drop down a grade and compromise safety. The other side of the coin is the tyres are large and on rotation will wear less than smaller wheels/tyres. It's swings and roundabouts.Once I get the car I will add my comments about the ride quality[/QUOTE]Although i didn't order the tekna, i did test drive one.I didn't think the wheels made much of a difference to the ride, compared to the 17's on the A/P.They are certainly not in the horrible BMW run flat "spine destroyer" territory you've mentioned.The aspects of the 19's i didn't like were price of the rubber and the fact it's a somewhat odd size.My wife has a Mitsubishi colt with "unique" size tyres and the choice of decent tyres is pretty much continental.I have a suspicion the Tekna might suffer the same issue and i didn't want a second car with the same issues.I was also worried that like the BMW mentioned above, that the tyers would be a bit of a sod to source as they are unusual. Hopefully with the number of QQ's predicted to sell in Tekna spec it might not be all that bad but i remember my boss having tyres "shipped" in from overseas for his BMW and the daftness that entailed.The market for winter tyres is pretty much none existant in the size at the moment as well.Having said that that the Tekna can come with a 17" as an option so it might be workable to use a smaller rim / larger tyre combo for winters as it sounds likely there isn't a problem with the caliper clearance.My final thought on the 19's are that they are very nice looking but in urban land i'd be worried they are prone to kerbing or pothole damage too.Having said all that i wouldn't be complaining if someone had handed me a Tekna or the Limited Edition one either.
Nissan no more...
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Remember the camera and parking assist on the Tekna use, and show, a false kerb. You line up to that kerb and avoid damaging the rims.
bayer328

Post by bayer328 »

I cant wait to hand my Honda Civic back, its a great engine, but the ride is much to harsh for my joints now. The 18 inch alloys, and sports suspension are very firm! Add to the problems with potholes and generally poor maintained UK roads this persuaded me to go for the Qashqai and all the equipment that comes with it.
bayer328

Post by bayer328 »

Honda Civic Type S
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="kramrolyat70"]Remember the camera and parking assist on the Tekna use, and show, a false kerb. You line up to that kerb and avoid damaging the rims.[/QUOTE]
What do you mean by false kerb, I would have expected the camera to show a real curb on the screen, are you saying what you actually see is something that is not really there? This sounds like it could be confusing and worrying as the kerb in front of my house is around 5 inches deep which would scratch the rims as they have very little rubber around them
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors