New QQ Acc Prem or Tekna?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
aublick

Post by aublick »

I'm not saying that 19'' wheels make the ride bad (the Tekna I test drove had them fitted and it was a very smooth ride), but 17'' could only be better, not worse. Plus the price you pay more for the new set of tyres (I intend to have a separate winter and summer set). So in the end apart from somewhat better look, you gain nothing more with the bigger wheels. Also not saying that you shouldn't go for them if you like them, it's just that I'm not so much into the wheels, so it wasn't that important for me. And though I did not have a chance to try the Parking Assist, I completely agree for the cameras. I think they will prove very useful in everyday life.
aublick2014-02-18 09:25:51
Tekna 1.5 dCi Magnetic Red

MrQQ

Post by MrQQ »

The parking assist will be handy (and fun) but if I'm going to use it so I can "squeeze" into a parking spot then I'm afraid I won't park there anyway. It would mean too tight and only damage will occur. Prefer to walk a little to save on door dents from other car owners who get frustrated as you've fit into a perfectly legal space!

Little worried on the talk of comfort on the ride with the 19" wheels. Reason I'd buy another QQ is the comfort level. Bouncy feel over bumps, no harsh ride (unlike Juke) etc. MrQQ2014-02-19 06:22:31
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I think a lot of these things are personal and therefore subjective. I think the ride with the 19" wheels is more than fine.
kramrolyat702014-02-19 09:17:57
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Kevintstirling

Post by Kevintstirling »

As already mentioned the ride on the 19 inch wheel/tyres is brilliant along with the chassis control having used it on a 600 mile round trip from my home in scotland to lincoln last week on very wet icy snow roads on m74 m6 and especially across the - high A66 to penrith etc the road holding was great
chrisnewbold

Post by chrisnewbold »

Have ordered a 1.5 tekna gun metal. Due 'May'!

Anyone lucky enough to have theirs already care to comment on the couple of unfavourable comments on power and engine noise? Like this one (power): http://www.driving.co.uk/new_cars/nissa ... 4-on/17929. And this one (wheels and engine noise): http://www.carkeys.co.uk/launch-review/ ... shqai-2014.

I'm trading a 1.6 diesel c-max so slight drop in engine size, but trading up to a lighter car. On test drive and from the 0-60 stats I'm expecting little difference. But then you read comments like "need to change down the gears on a motorway incline"! Don't expect it to set the world on fire, clearly, but would be nice to hear the reality. And at least it won't have the annoying turbo lag I get in first gear in the c-max when accelerating from a standing start hopefully! Plus most reviews say the 1.5 engine is quiet.

I'm sensing the '19" alloys give a rougher ride' is pretty much debunked by people on here 'in the know'.

Thanks

Chris
chrisnewbold2014-02-19 16:51:40
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Chris,I didn't check out your reviews as I'm at work..shhhh...but I can comment on your comments.I would suggest the gear box in lower gears is a fairly low ratio meaning changing from 1st to 2nd has to be done fairly shortly after pulling away. There is a hill I drive up regularly that starts the instant you turn off a main road and I would admit that if you drop in to 2nd as you turn it doesn't initially pull well at all..there is a lag until the revs hit about 1500 RPM and then you are off.But, having cycled this hill a lot also, it's a tough steep hill. Once you are going then you can happily go up the gear box and it pulls and you change gear as you'd expect.I've not experienced any particular need to change gear for motorway hills, or other hills when cruising versus any other car I've driven. With a 6 speed box you sometimes need to change down in any car.Noise wise I don't have an issue. The engine is quiet enough even if you give it some stick to pull away quicker.I did mention in an earlier post that there is a reasonable amount of undercarriage noise when driving over large amounts of dirt and grit on the road; it was noticeable when I first drove it for sure but that was in the really crappy weather. But again I wouldn't say it's so bad you would be unhappy.Hope that helps.Mark
Kevintstirling

Post by Kevintstirling »

The reason for the undercarriage noise with loose clippings etc is that when I washed the car last week I realised that the back wheel arches inside are not plastic but made of a carpet material so any grit loose chippings seem to echo and provide more noise than on the previous qashqai I presume it is designed to keep weight down but it was last material I expected for the inner wheel arch on the back plastic on the front if you check!!! Look at one when next in the showroom.
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I'll have a look at mine later. Bit worried about using a jet wash on it if it's like that.
Kevintstirling

Post by Kevintstirling »

My thinking as well Kevintstirling2014-02-20 17:17:40
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Kevintstirling"]The reason for the undercarriage noise with loose clippings etc is that when I washed the car last week I realised that the back wheel arches inside are not plastic but made of a carpet material so any grit loose chippings seem to echo and provide more noise than on the previous qashqai I presume it is designed to keep weight down but it was last material I expected for the inner wheel arch on the back plastic on the front if you check!!! Look at one when next in the showroom.[/QUOTE]
The carpet like material you have seen is actually supposed to reduce road sound and eliminate the stone noise etc. hitting the underside of the wheel arch. My Yeti also has this as do all the VAG group cars, felt rear and plastic front. It is strange this is not suppressing the noise.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors