New QQ Acc Prem or Tekna?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
MrQQ

Post by MrQQ »

Looking at buying a new QQ. With a discount F&F, probably on a PCP scheme. Looking at least an Acc Prem or maybe a Tekna as at least want the connect system.

Have a 360 at moment so loaded with Tech, disappointed that around view only on Tekna.

With discount etc the Tekna is around £2K more. Over 36 months on PCP it's £260 Acc Prem or £320 Tekna. Then after 36 months it's guaranteed value is £10600 Tekna £10000 Acc Prem so the Tekna loses after the 3 in respect to initial £2K cost.

Tekna (as you prob know) over Acc Prem
" heated seats
" 19" alloys
" Parking assist
" Around view
" safety shield
" Heated windscreen
" Leather seats

Is the above worth the extra £50/month? Not sure is but there's a few in there is like, and others I'd not tbh. Parking assist I can imagine be cool for a bit then I'd never use it. Leather not too keen on tbh. Heated windscreen will be brilliant though. I've got used to the 360 camera to.

So interested in comments please. It's a big purchase and commitment so needs to be right. I'd probably after the 3 years hand back as well.

Thanks

Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Hi Mr QQ.

Ive ordered the Acc Prem buts its down to available cash. Its a Motability car and as I need the CVT the deposit is £1499. To get the Tekna is extra £500 which is £500 I can do without spending. My last QQ was an Acenta so I feel Ive upgraded but there are a couple of things I would have really liked

1. The 19" alloys. The Tekna ones are so much nicer but as I have a lot of spinal pain I would be a bit concerned about the ride being rather hard. (Im just making excuses for not having these wheels so dont contradict me please!)
2. Heated seats. Ive got them in my Astra and they are lovely when Arthur is playing up (thats Arthur Ritus - in case you don't know him!)
3. Heated windscreen. Not had one for years but would be nice.
4. Leather seats - not fussed
5. Parking assist, around view and security shield. All new to me and I spose I can do without them but as a female Inspector Gadget it would be nice. Im like you though I guess the novelty will soon wear off.

No, on reflection Im happy with what Ive ordered. Apart from the heated seats Ive got everything (and much more) that is on my Astra Elite so onwards and upwards. Perhaps a Tekna next time

Marianda242014-02-17 17:06:07
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

look at your priorities.for us it was automatic, followed by heated seats. leather for us is practical choice. we do a lot of camping and mountain biking, so lots of wet and muddy equipment. leather just shrugs it off. to get heated seats,(useful for my back problem and my wife working long shifts in cold winter mornings and nights), then you have to have leather. so we had to order a tekna.
some of the toys appeal to my gadetophilia, but the safety features in the qq helped me chose over several other cars.i would say that if you are happy with the accenta, then go with it, but if you have doubts now, they most likely won't be allayed for long. you don't want to have a car for 3years thinking 'i should have had the other one'.
tekna cvt mag red
MrQQ

Post by MrQQ »

I would prefer heated seats also I think. Also the heated windscreen would be very useful. I'm unsure on the 19" didn't think they'd make a worse ride. Reason I like QQ is the ride, it eats the bumps, whereas a Juke I think it's a harsh bumpy ride.

My dealer has just emailed saying apart from above he has a '13 plate QQ Acc Prem for £232/month. I'm presuming its a new shape though maybe pre-reg or something. But that's £100/month cheaper than a new Tekna....
keithg2308

Post by keithg2308 »

Definatley Tekna trim, can not imagine life without the heated windscreen (moving from ford Mondeo sport) on a cold icy morning you can sit in comfort in your leather heated seats while watching the windscreen do itsjob and melt the ice.
keith
aublick

Post by aublick »

Actually, I think Acc Premium is quite satisfying trim level. I ordered a Tekna in the end (went for 17 inch alloys though, not a big fan of low profile tires) primarily because I thought the roof rails, safety shield+, heated windshield, leather seats and 360A°camera are worth paying the extra amount (which wasn't ridiculously high). Also, I was going for the 1.6 diesel at first, but after the test drive I decided to take 1.5 because it felt a lot more perky than I expected it to be, so a higher trim level was a kind of compensation :-).
Tekna 1.5 dCi Magnetic Red
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

Personally I think all
addons which comes with Tekna is must have. Frozen windscreen is the issue
every morning here where I live and that always causing like 10 min of delay to
wherever we go by the way in cold seats.

Also park assist with
360 cameras might help my wife boost more confidence hopefully during parking.

All what I might
regret is not going for automatic gear box but then again I don't mind it and
neither my wife. That would be £50/month extra and that something which I couldn't
excuse just for sake of it.
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Because of mobility problems I have to have the automatic gear box so that has taken out the options of any engine other than the 1.6dci. Im more than happy with the spec of the Acc Prem so I know I wont be spending the next 3 years wishing I'd had the Tekna. I also think that, for me, its a case of what you've never had you never miss eg the 360 camera and park assist etc. Its been several years since I had a Ford with a heated screen so its unlikely I will miss that especially as my car sleeps in the garage at home anyway.
All in all I think the only thing I will regret not having is the heated seats but I guess I will cope without them even though they are good for my poor back.Marianda242014-02-18 18:22:14
MrQQ

Post by MrQQ »

Long time since I've had a heated screen, we had bad winter few years ago and it seemed everyday I was scraping, would have been great to have then!

I'll be going with the 1.2 Petrol, don't so many miles anyway (6000/year), and it's all around town, in/out short trips. The diesel although maybe better, worried on the short trips and DPF. I took the 1.2 out for a short test drive and have to say was fine. I'm no boy racer nowadays so around town will (hopefully) be fine! I have the 1.5DCi currently and although a little slow off the mark, away from roundabouts etc it's fine, although a little noisy, hoping the petrol will be a little quieter as well. Mpg won't bother me either.

I'd also have like a CVT auto just as never had an auto but then the price really goes up, and only choice is a diesel again, not ideal for my town runs.

I'm also a little worried on choosing the 1.2. What do we think resale value will be with it. Will people not say though "a 1.2 in a big heavy car like that" will never do?
MrQQ2014-02-18 16:31:47
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

To chip in with my thoughts......You need to know what matters to you and to be honest the reviews that say the 19" wheels make the ride bad or worse are pretty rubbish in my opinion. The 19" wheels drive totally fine and the ride is more than fine.Parking Assist I'm going to suggest may not be such a fad as you think. The car is bigger than I imagined and although I'm sure with practice would be easy enough to park I don't think it will ever be that easy to chuck in to a parking space quickly.Driving in to a very tight multistorey car park at the weekend I also used the cameras to ensure I wasn't about to smack the front on the tight ramps or scuff the wheels on the kerb. Not easy to do without the cameras and I've always had large cars so I'm used to that kind of manoeuvring.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014