One minor disappointment

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

ok winter tyres true...but then if there is an accident they can blame that..Service wise it's typically all on-line now and just states general condition of the vehicle and they carried out the right checks. A mechanic is never going to makes notes about what look like official accessories and try to compare them to the original delivery spec..it would simply take too long.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I would be very careful with fitting extras on lease cars. When I had a recent company car, I had a set of Steel Mate rear parking sensors fitted and did not ask them.On returning the car, they contacted me and said they would fit a new bumper and remove the sensors and charge accordingly, luckily my company paid, around £600, and I got a letter from the fleet manager advising never to fit anything to future cars
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Interesting. I was wanting to add a bit of bling to my Motability car but I suppose thats theoretically a lease car too. Anyone any thoughts on that?
Chortes

Post by Chortes »

[quote="Marianda24"]Interesting. I was wanting to add a bit of bling to my Motability car but I suppose thats theoretically a lease car too. Anyone any thoughts on that?[/QUOTE]If a car needs adapting, hand control or such like, how is this done? Do Mobility organise it or is it something you have to declare and they take into account on the cost you pay to rectify it after it gets handed back?I know it's not the same but it may give you an idea of what is acceptable to Mobility / the manufacturer, whomever it relates to.
Really?
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Marianda24"]Interesting. I was wanting to add a bit of bling to my Motability car but I suppose thats theoretically a lease car too. Anyone any thoughts on that?[/QUOTE]
I would not worry about chrome parts etc. if they are genuine Nissan parts as they will not be noticed. It is non standard add ons that will cause any problems. I would go ahead and do it
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Depending on the type of adaptation its either Motability who pays or the Customer. The dealer arranges to get the work done before you pick it up but the disabled person actually deals with the adaptation company direct. Between them they decide what is required and then the work is done.

Jon. I think you could be right about the chrome bits. I think I may have to risk it. After all if they dont like them I may be able to just take them off. I dont know if this is an option