Qashqai forum is better, discuss, don't ban me

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I think this thread should be deleted..it was started by a muppet who is no longer on the site....we're are now just perpetuating a ridiculous questions/statement by someone who had nothing better to do with their time than raise a ridiculous question clearly aimed at creating an argument.It's like TV, join in and be involved or leave...Choice is a wonderful thing.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014

TC3

Post by TC3 »

Why delete it? A discussion has come from it and it is good to see different views and opinions. Thats what makes a web forum interesting, well one of the things
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I guess the title of it just winds me up......like those people who write in to complain about a TV program they sat through.....we don't even have to get off the sofa to switch over...so don't watch it lolAgree with the point on getting good info from discussions though....I think sometimes those are lost though because people don't read a thread because of it's title...a new thread discussing the relevant topic might be more effective.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
deks36

Post by deks36 »

just to add my two pennyworth. I run a car related forum, it costs me around £200 a year to hostand I also charge a one off fee for life to gain full access. On mine 90% is public and people can use and post in any area they see. paid membership opens up a members and discount area. the cost i charge can be had back by one simple purchase from a vendor due to discounts on offer.why this route because it keeps it google ad free. It works for me and I have the time to manage it. I do have 6 sponsors related to the forum as well and every penny of income made goes back to the forum to cover expenses for meets charity donations,competitions and the such like. Each forum has a different idea of how things should be run everyone will have a difference of opinion which is the better option. Each to there own enjoy the ownership of a Nissan and find the answers where you can There are many factors that mark forums apart not all as clear or visible as first impressions give.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I think this shouldnt be deletedAfter all on every topic im hoping theres diffrent points of view (forum will be dead boring if it isnt) and banter well thats all part of any freindly group, im sure everyone here is adultish and most of points are tongue in cheekForums cost I wouldnt argue that and they day the forum lags ill be jumping up n down but to exclude people from joining in because of funding I dont see thats the way.When I googled information about the QQ I found this site and the fact its free and friendly was enough for me to register End of day one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter and the car we all have in question its safe to bet none of us are 17 so a cross view in one post I doubt will be locking horns on sight on every other post
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I am a member of several Juke Forums in the UK & US and these can be very beneficial to all if used in the correct way. I think that most people join these Forums to benefit from comments, technical feedback, modifications etc and generally they all work very well. OK sometimes there are disagreements but it is a free world and comments can be made, joking is one thing but what is not needed is "Slanging" people off in the Forum.

I believe that deks36 is the moderator on the jukeownersgroup.com forum of which I am still a member and paid my one time Life Fee. There is a lot of feedback from members fed back to Nissan through the Forum for problems and improvements and it would appear the New Juke has benefited from this. All I can say is that this is an excellent Forum and some of the modifications I carried out and reported in the Forum turned into Group Buys and saved members money all organised by deks who does an excellent job.
Possibly these are early days yet but I am sure this Forum will eventually go the same way to all our benefits it just takes time and patience.
Please do not take this as a critism it is more of a feedback - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Some good points there Dave, definately worth considering maybe funding the forum from some small ventures like those small extras we all need for the QQ like maybe chips, floor mats and other upgradesI feel sure we have dealers amongst us, maybe they could let themselfs be known to admin (at moment no dealer stupid enough to put hands up whilst this delay and discrimination fiasco going on)I noticed we got a Chinese guy banging out the folding mirror stuff etc maybe we could collectivly have a group buy