camera and parking sensors

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
jsajeba

Post by jsajeba »

The top spec qashqai is too much for me and I am querying if somebody can recommend a camera and parking sensors to go on the new nissan qashqai and if possible connect to the available monitor

korky

Post by korky »

I'm sure there will be something out there but wouldn't aftermarket and fitting potentially cost a little more?
SneakyElephant

Post by SneakyElephant »

Don't the new ones have parking sensors already? That's a bit stingy
korky

Post by korky »

[quote="SneakyElephant"] Don't the new ones have parking sensors already? That's a bit stingy
[/QUOTE]

Think they only become standard on the Acenta Premium upwards
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Yep Acenta Premium is the first model that has Front and Rear parking sensors
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
SneakyElephant

Post by SneakyElephant »

Seems to me like a false economy fitting aftermarket stuff...one thing about Nissan, they really know how to load a car with standard kit for very little cost. As a Note N-Tec owner prior to getting the QQ, I was very pleased with the spec of that little car (tbh Mrs Elephant drove it a lot more than me)
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Try and pay the extra for the next model up, fitting add on are expensive and will not offer reliability, I would think it is almost impossible to fit to the existing screen as modern day wiring via canbus would cause problems, and I would also imagine the on board computer would not accept such a change to the system. A stand alone camera set up and parking sensors I would imagine is the best you can get, but this will be expensive. I thought all models accept the base one had parking sensors fitted as standard.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I checked the specs this morning and the tick against Front and Rear Parking Sensors only comes in one you hit the Acenta Premium....i was surprised by that too.I think it likely that the on-board computer is pretty standard throughout but just programmed differently a bit like engine management units; makes sense when building on a large scale.However, I'd agree. Retro-fitting this would be a nightmare, costly and potentially not such a nice job as getting it when the car is ordered.As per one of my other posts it can be an idea to purchase "Dealer Fit" options outside of the original order as you can sometimes get better discounts. As these are fitted by the dealer anyway there isn't anything to lose in doing that.Pretty sure parking sensors and cameras aren't something the dealer would be trained/happy to fit on a new car.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Quebec
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Quebec »

Parking sensors even on loud are barely audible.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Maybe new sounder required? Almost certainly not adjustable
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)