Are mud flaps worth the cost/any good

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Pity the kit dosent have a few spare plastic clips for the back flaps. These clips are easily broken and a coulple of spares would nt go amiss.

Simmo

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Order through BirmCentralParts on here and you will receive the extra fasteners mentioned above and at no extra cost. Fabulous price and service. Highly recommend.
Dieselwheasel

Post by Dieselwheasel »

I have mud flaps fitted but should have fitted them myself which I ended up doing anyway as the dealership just didn't bother fitting half of the screws. I have always had mudflaps and they do save a lot of grime especially the road salt from getting everywhere.
Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna Ink Blue, Born 31/1/15 Bonnet hood, sill guards but I want more
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gave the QQ a "Spring Clean" & Polish on Friday and when washing and cleaning there was no dirt, mud etc on the Side Sills or the Rear Valance thanks to the Mud Flaps. We have had these on all of our 3 Nissans and definitely worth the time, effort and cost in my eyes - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Comet

Post by Comet »

I have 4 rectangular parts under the car that look like mud flaps but they are kind of short and placed in front of the wheels rather then behind them in the normal mud flap configuration... any idea what these are?
Comet2015-07-16 13:50:57
J11/ 2015 / N-TEC / 1.6 DIG-T / Black
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Main reason for fitting the Front Mud Flaps is to keep the mud/dirt kicking up from the front tyres and filtering through by the sill into/onto the front doors. If you look at the fit between the doors and the sill you will see a large gap which mud/rubbish will push through onto the inside of the door the piece under the door card. This is shown in a post in here somwhere. Poor design by Nissan. Front flaps will stop most of this, they are easy to fit but removing the back wheels is a must.
Simmo
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... c2255.html

Hers the post that shows what i mean. POOR DESIGN. front flaps will help this.
Simmo
Comet

Post by Comet »

Thank you!
J11/ 2015 / N-TEC / 1.6 DIG-T / Black
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

[quote="Comet"] I have 4 rectangular parts under the car that look like mud flaps but they are kind of short and placed in front of the wheels rather then behind them in the normal mud flap configuration... any idea what these are?
[/QUOTE] I've wondered what these are for as well. I can only guess it aids with traction in wet conditions. Others have mentioned that its a must to remove the rear wheels to fit the rear mud flaps however its not necessary. I did it with the wheels on as I didn't have a jack. Yes it was a bit of a fiddle but nothing too taxing.
battboy

Post by battboy »

Definitely worth having them fitted
Nightshade Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci CVT. Delivered October 2014