Berlin Tekna QR Codes / Safety Card

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I posted my first Topic on this subject under "Main Qashqai Discussion"/"QQ Safety Data Sheet" (Page 4) regarding the use of a Safety Card from the ADAC (AA/RAC Club in Germany) which we have previously used on our Nissan Note/Juke and now the QQ.
I then decided to follow up the subject of QR Stickers which work in unison with the Safety Cards. After investigating what was available I decided to order some Stickers, these have now been received and attached to our QQ and these QR Stickers now support the ADAC Safety Card. I then downloaded a free iphone App for QR Scanning with which I could read and check the function just so that I know it would also function with the Emergency Services. Now I know this is German related subject (origin is Mercedes Benz) and might not be available in the UK (see attached MB UK video) but I thought it would be worth following up and reporting on this Safety Issue so that any interested parties could follow this up in the UK. There does appear to be information in the UK on this type of QR Sticker for Bikers (see video medical history)
The idea originally came from Mercedes Benz and these Stickers are available for MB cars from manufacturing year 1990, but they have equipped all new vehicles since January 2014 with such a Sticker. Mercedes-Benz has waived any patent application in order to make the system available to everybody.

ADAC Safety Card Card with English Translation (FYI)

Position of Card behind Sun Visor Card Identity in Vehicle
Often every second counts in an accident so to help the Rescuers at the scene of an accident MB was the first manufacturer to develop and use these stickers with the QR Code as an additional safety measure. These stickers provide access to a digital Rescue/Safety Card (ADAC) for the vehicle or model involved, small diagrams show all of the key details regarding the model design and structure. The stickers are attached inside the Fuel Filler Cap and on the "B" Pillar drivers side also available is a Hint Sticker which is clearly visible when mounted on the inside of the window screen allowing the Emergency Services to identify that a Safety Card using the QR-code is available. By means of a Smart Phone or Tablet the QR Code Stickers can be scanned, this does require an internet connection and the safety card shows the related components, such as airbags, seat belts, battery, electrics, fuel tank or where the structural strengthening of the body of the vehicle is for the rescuers. This helps Firefighters to identify the optimal targets for the rescue equipment such as a rescue cutter quickly and safely. To avoid language problems, many details are given by means of symbols and diagrams in the guide.

Bar Codes Stickers Window Screen Sticker Start Page Scan Safety Card

QQ Fuel Cap Sticker QQ "B" Post Sticker QQ Window Hint Sticker Scanning QQ

What is a QR Code ? - The QR code (Quick Response) is a two-dimensional code that was developed by the Japanese company Denso Wave in 1994 and the target was for fast direct call of data content. The QR Code Stickers contain a QR code in which the direct Internet address is encrypted for access to the appropriate emergency card.
Where to get the QR Scanning Software ? There are many (free) apps that can read a QR code. Here are some examples :
iPhone (links to Apple iTunes): https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/quickma ... 83554?mt=8 https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/scan-qr ... 06394?mt=8
Android (links lead to the Google Play Store): https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .quickmark
Microsoft Windows Phone :http://www.windowsphone.com/de-de/store ... 3d25da8768
Blackberry :http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore ... trycode=DE

How do I get my QR Code Stickers ? a€“ I ordered mine from res-qr.de which included 3 Tags for the Fuel Filler Cap, "B" Pillar and the Front Sticker. The total cost was a‚¬7,98 and these were delivered to me in 2 days a€“ all in all an excellent service from the Co.
Herberger GmbH : Von-Leyden-Str. 46, 65191 Wiesbaden, Tel.: 0611-95782-0Fax.: 0611-95782-28, E-Mail: res-qr@herberger-gmbh.eu, Web: https://res-qr.de
Information videos :
MB UK : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV_G51L ... e=youtu.be

MB USA : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VszIAK ... e=youtu.be

For Bikers Medical History UK : http://www.roadsafetygb.org.uk/news/3062.html

** Hopefully you will find this of Interest, I do not want you to think I am pushing this Topic but I am a Safety related person especially when the Family is involved, so take a look and see what you think. Hopefully this is or will be available in the UK as the cost is minimal and could be life saving ! - Dave

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Wow - typical German attention to detail. That's very impressive Dave Thanks for sharing.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Why is this not being pushed out over here in the UK. It can only help to save lives and assist emergency services etc. Thank you Dave.
F1 Bob2015-02-06 10:59:32
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="F1 Bob"]Why is this not being pushed out over here in the UK. It can only help to save lives and assist emergency services etc. Thank you Dave.
[/QUOTE]On another thread we speak about the different driving styles - I suspect that the crash in Germany is far more needy of such information.
PeterL2015-02-06 11:40:49
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Peter, you could be correct if you are refering to the Autobahn Speed Limits. But you can never Plan when a Crash happens weather this be on an Autobahn, a tree stepping out in front of you, weather, Ghost Driver going the wrong way, mechanical failure etc...... Unfortunately this is part of todays daily life and we have to live and prepare for it as best we can. You are most probably aware that here you have to stop at the scene of an accident and help where possible or you risk a fine - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Totally agree with you, it's always a good thing to be prepared and as I said earlier our Germain friends are admirably suited to such a thought process. So much so that without such instructions they wouldn't know which way to turn
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I did read an article not so long back which suggested that a number of car manuf's are now doing this, but its presently not mandatory. Hopefully it will soon be more common place as it makes perfect sense and that it could be retrofitted.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I have been talking to friends here in Berlin & Florida who are driving around in Mercedes Cars & SUV's and where not actually aware that these QR Codes were even installed (stick on bar Code) and now they have downloaded free Apps to read them - Dave

Normal

false
false
false

DE
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Now Motoring could be even safer as it looks like the eCall device will be implemented to alert rescue services
automatically using the existing 112 emergency number. The European Parliament
has voted for an EU-wide emergency alert system dubbed eCall to help ambulance crews get to road accidents faster. New
cars and light vans will have the system as standard from 31 March 2018. Cost of
the device is likely to add about a‚¬100 (£72; $109) to the cost of a new car. You might have seen it, it from the Beep !http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32495058

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

What about a retro fit?
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

gymdaddy, OK here is an answer :

Normal

false
false
false

DE
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Will
it be possible to retrofit cars with an eCall solution?

It is expected that there will
be aftermarket solutions offering the eCall functionality.

The price may be higher than
embedded standard factory fitted devices, and will

depend on possible added
functionalities. Take a read of this please :https://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/sit ... %20FAQ.pdf

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}