1.2 DIG T with Shell V-nitro fuel

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Quorient

Post by Quorient »

Wow. Followed Jon's advice and tried a couple of fill ups with this fuel and it is like a whole new engine. I was impressed with the engine with the regular fuel but now it has no turbo lag to mention and pulls from lower down! It might be my imagination and wishful thinking but I don't think so... Has anyone else tried it?
2014 1.2 DIG-T Gunmetal Tekna and loving it!

paulyoung666

Post by paulyoung666 »

It should make a difference being higher octane , not sure how much of a difference though , you sure its not you trying to justify the extra expense lol !!paulyoung6662014-12-19 09:21:35
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

No, but I have no issues with turbo lag or low down torque with supermarket fuel in mine....
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I was advised by a friend of mine who works in the fuel business that supermarket fuel does not have any additives in it at all and that is why they can sell it cheaper, and makes your car run rougher. The Shell high octane is head and shoulders above Tesco etc. and you will notice a difference and will not have to imagine it. Happy you agree Quorient
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

Mainly use Morrisons, on the 1st QQ I ran it on Shell V Power for a while but noticed no difference at all (except the price), never bother with present QQ. Mind you thats 1.5 DCIs not petrol.
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I have tried higher octane fuels from several companies over the years when I ran petrol engined cars. The best did seem to be Shell V Power (As it was then) but I could not justify the 7p a ltr additional cost against the small benefits. Now we have the 1.5 dCi I run Esso or Shell regular diesel with the odd tank from Tesco and then a tankful of the Shell super diesel evry 8 weeks or so just to give the engine a good clean through. No idea if this needs to be done but I feel better about it
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

The only time I used high octane fuel was when...1. I had the Primera SR20DE which had its ignition timing advanced to 17*BTDC rather than 15*BTDC2. I had the 200sx with boost increased to ~1bar and stage 1 setup. I never really seen the advantage in standard tune engines, but saying that, the smaller turbo/supercharged engines are starting to become rather powerful little lumps so I suppose they could take advantage MORE than a N/A lump, and could probably allow the boost to be slightly increased (assuming the ECU has the fuel maps to allow it, and does not go into limp mode!). I have already spied the actuator pipework, just the matter of adding an alternative boost controller (separate boost controller also adds the benefit of removing the limited 1st gear boost level)
conno

Post by conno »

My 1.2 QQ has really bad turbo lag especially in second and needs to be revved to get it going hence crap mpg so will try this on next fill up and see.
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

for a diesel a cup full of 2 stroke oil to each tank is a good for it...not much lube in modern diesel and it burn to nothing.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="pistnbroke"]for a diesel a cup full of 2 stroke oil to each tank is a good for it...not much lube in modern diesel and it burn to nothing.[/QUOTE]I guess that opens this up to the use of Redex - any takers?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.