Recall 2014 - Tow bar Forward Emergency Braking

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Storm1

Post by Storm1 »

Took my car in for the recall two weeks ago, towbar not affected as its an after market one. However the radar issue has been disconnected and i am still awaiting the dealer to recall my car in for the fix. Hope they do it soon as i have three extra light on my dash and its annoying.I also reported the parking sensors alarm going off when it feels like it stating that i am very close to an obstacle, this is not the case and apparently is a known fault that Nissan are still working out a fix for, or so i am informed, has anyone else got this issue?

TerryDee

Post by TerryDee »

Hi Storm1. I've had this problem since I got the car (last June), but quickly found it was caused by dirt. Clean the front sensors and it's OK again. Not that they look dirty, so it must be very sensitive. And I guess that some QQs are even more sensitive!
QQ2 1.2 DigT Tekna Magnetic Red Ordered Feb Delivery June 18
Storm1

Post by Storm1 »

Hi TerryDee, that cannot be possible, my car and the lenses are always spotlessly clean, it must be a sensor issue in my opinion.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

My emergency brake triggered on Sunday. Crisp packet drifted in front of the car. Next thing I knew was the car braked and a red warning banner came up on the central information screen. Applied some throttle and car continued on its way. Must have been <1 second in total time from brake to moving away again. PS I've not had the update applied yet.
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)
Qcar

Post by Qcar »

Hi, I also took my car in for the update and the garage disconnected the radar service (more than 4 weeks ago) as the update caused errors(?). They explained that a new part is required, this sounds similar to your issue. Has your garage sourced a replacement yet?
Accenta Premium 1.2
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Unfortunately not in my casePart awaited at dealership from Nissan; good to hear I'm not alone.I also have a Chassis System error permanently showing since first s/w update attempt in Mid December.In my case they're saying is a Warranty Claim?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
duncho

Post by duncho »

I did some cleaning of my Mac and found better photo of FEB radar
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
AJW01

Post by AJW01 »

Guess what? my forward emergency braking didnt work :(I
am trying to find out what the "parameters" are when the system should
work, is it disitance, is it speed, is it time, I assume it is a
combination but it is not fool proof so be warned!!!I have had
my QQ for 7 months and had the occasional warning beeps and flashing
display and once got the RED display and a constant higher tone but i
was already on the brakes as the car in front decided to stop (when
there was no need) when passing a lorry on a narrow road, and i had to
pull up quicker than normal but i was not aware i was beng stopped by
the system nor did it turn in to a full "slap all on" ABS kick in
incident.Yesterday a car darted in to my lane and stopped, all
in a matter of a few yards and i just went stright in to the back of him
:(Interestingly I see there was a recall for the Forward
Emergency Braking whcih i am now investigating. Not that I blame the
system for not reacting, as i didn't have time to react, but you would
have thought it should have helped reduce the impact.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

As I understand things it works according to your actual speed and the closing speed. It only works at speeds over approx 6mph, though not aware if their is an upper limit. It isnt supposed to prevent a collision, although it may at lower speeds, but is designed to lessen the impact. Ive had it activate fully once, I think, at low speed. I did hit the brakes almost at the same time but concluded it was the car that stopped itself as it was a sudden stop, almost feeling as if I actually had run into something.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

It maybe that your car is not affected by the automated braking issue. Although its not that it didn't apply he brakes, it was the fact it was applying the brakes in incorrect situations! The FEB isn't perfect, it worked for me when I took the eye off the ball, but that's not to say it will work next time. How fast were you going at the time can you remember? I think it only works above a set speed (which the value of escapes me now) so it you were below that, that could explain why...