Recall 2014 - Tow bar Forward Emergency Braking

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Chrissya

Post by Chrissya »

Just had a recall notice for Forward Emergency Braking Re-programming and also towbar joints which does not affect my car.I have a Tekna 1.5dci
Chris

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Yes, my car was in yesterday and there was a recall for the anti-collision laser - not noticed anything amiss with it previously...
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

Just got mine. Don't have a tow ar.
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

When did you pick up your car?
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

My car was in yesterday for this amongst other things, what they (or rather my dealer didn't) tell me was that when they do the towbar recall, they take apart whatever they need to so that they can inspect to see if your car/towbar needs the new/additional bits, only then, if the new/additional parts are required do they order them - next day delivery.Particulary annoying for me because I scheduled my work diary to finish early the same day to pick my car up and even when I left it with them that morning the dealer asked what time I'd be back later to pick it up, now I'm stuck with a 1.2 piece of poo 14 plate Note that really isn't cut out for motorway use. If I drive it like my QQ the best I can get for a round work trip is 49mpg, my QQ was always around 65mpg, more often than not, more - it's costing me a fortune as I now can't get back early enough to pick my car up till Friday, ah well, ESP off it is then...
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Recall Mechanism?How did you guys get the recall notice/ letter from Nissan CS/ Dealer?Bought mine through broker, but dealer in Birmingham.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

These "Recall" comments are getting confusing - who is sending this information out - Nissan or the Dealer ?.
The reason I am asking is because today I had the Auto Mirror Switch added by Nissan and the Salesguy tried to finish of the Nissan Connect "Downloads" for me. On checking the You+Nissan website and then logging in, re-entering our information and updating it, a notification on the Screen popped up with a message regarding "Trailer Coupling PG4BL" with our Nissan VIN No. But the way I read it was if you had this Coupling installed you needed action and the Salesguy had the same meaning. Perhaps we were both wrong ! - Please Advise Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Chrissya

Post by Chrissya »

i got my letter today from Nissan itself. Ive had my car since May with no problems so far.
Chris
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

thanks; checked my You & Nissan page, shows "zero" alerts, but this pop up appears, but these 2 items are not hypalinks:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Gel, I got the same as you. No link attached and it has now disappeared. There was no info to explain what it was. Do we now just wait for a letter in the post or do we call into nearest Nissan dealership to get it looked into? Confused.com!