Recall 2014 - Tow bar Forward Emergency Braking

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here is something I put together last year with regard to the Nissan FEB System which is QQ related and to me was interesting to get an overview. This is how it should operate and I hope you will also find this information useful - Dave

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

msy2015

Post by msy2015 »

Dear MattI had an accident due to the dashboard malfunctioning and though I had emailed Mill Hill Nissan no response so far. This is the new Qashqai and that was bought in March 2014. I got a recall letter from Nissan in Jan 2015 and when the car was sent for service in March 2015 Nissan Mill Hill did two recalls only and I do not think these were done properly as the accident I had was caused by one of the recall fault that had re-occured while I was driving it. While I was reversing the dashboard reboots and the radio volume went to the maximum volume and cause me to hit another car as the radio maximum volume came as a shock to me. This is not a joke or funny but that what has happened.I will be appointing a law firm to represent me early next week and my legal insurance will also take over.I got no choice as there is no response from Nissan and I have also contacted a journalist to highlight my case as this could happen to many other owners that have bought the new nissan qashqai.RegardsMSY
MSY 2015
duncho

Post by duncho »

MSY, I suppose you reffer to Nissan Connect (radio) firmware update. Can you mention what version do you have? I remember that I read on some of QQ forums about an issue that it hit MAX volume.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Akobalm

Post by Akobalm »

When my QQ went in for it's first service and the many other items that required a "fix", I fully expected a new tow bar to be fitted, however, the tow bar is as fitted when new and only the two mounting plates that fix it to the chassis legs were renewed.I am frequently warned that the vehicle is close to some object both front and rear on separate occasions when there is actually nothing there.Would be a brilliant car if all the fancy gadgetry was removed from the vehicle.
If you can't join them, beat them ;)
msy2015

Post by msy2015 »

Yes it keeps rebooting and all of a sudden a loud radio starts which distract drivers
MSY 2015
msy2015

Post by msy2015 »

Though it says tow bar on my recall letter, they did not do it as they said not enough time to do so.
MSY 2015
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well this Weekend we got a chance to experience one of the QQ "Bells & Whistles" the FEB System. We were travelling at 50kph (30mph) behind 3 cars with about 30m (45 ft) between us and the car in Front when the 1st car saw a Parking Space and just stopped. I saw all the Red Brake Lights come on, braked hard, put my arm out in front of the wife and the QQ started to Brake harder, loud Alarm and a frequent Orange Lightshow Flashing. So it looked like the QQ FEB System does function after experiencing this for the First Time. As always here the gestures started with the horn, hand and finger movements and that was it - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 2669

Post by Deleted User 2669 »

put my arm out in front of the wife
IMHO, and generally speaking, you're much better off keeping both hands on the Wheel to control the car.

In the event of an impact that's serious enough to throw your passenger forward,
then the stregth in your arm muscles with your arm sticking out sideways
won't be enough to prevent that, especially if she's not wearing her seat belt,
and if she is, well that;s what the seat belt ( and airbag ) is for !

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Dave wasnt they slightest bit worried about his mrs, he was more bothered about the mess she may have made on the inside of his car!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Coconut, well thanks for the advice but the Arm was an indication for the wife to sit back, not to support her as she has a back problem and trends to sit slightly forward. Both hands were back on the wheel under final braking until they went around the guys neck. :)
gvmdaddy, well I can take a joke but IMHO it is better that your humour is locked up as the comment it is not funny in this particular case :oops: Incidently the QQ does belong to the wife.