Recall 2014 - Tow bar Forward Emergency Braking

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Both types are certainly in the book but, this is the one I'm fairly sure that we have here in the UK. Seems to fit with Dave photo as well.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.

duncho

Post by duncho »

Dave, yes it is behind the plastic bumper in area "A" as shown in the book. You can see a part of it through tiny cut in plastic grill which is used for adjusting the radar angle. I tried to find photos I made when I removed the bumper due to radiator protector installation, but can't find it... Here is a photo I took a while ago which shows where to look if you want to see it. It's little plastic box about 7x7cm big.OK, I found one, but not the best resolution. See the plastic box of the radar:

duncho2015-01-27 22:29:32
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dan, what can I say - you are Great ! That is a nice piece of helpful information and I am sure that has cleared this Point up for a lot of the Guys - Good Job & Thanks Again - Dave (sorry I was so persistent !)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="DaveBerlin"] Dan, what can I say - you are Great ! That is a nice piece of helpful information and I am sure that has cleared this Point up for a lot of the Guys - Good Job & Thanks Again - Dave (sorry I was so persistent !)[/QUOTE]

Thank you Dave! My pleasure if it helps. Cheers
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Thanks Dan, that is exactly where my dealer pointed it out to me when it was updated, so my original post last week was spot on.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, I hope you think I did not trust your comment because that was not the case. Qash also pointed out the Diag. in the Manual which I had seen but I just wanted to see the part and thought it needed a clear field in front of it - but obviously not !.After seeing Dan's Pic I thought to myself you are an idiot (no comment please) because take a look at our QQ Pic in the Service Dept before we picked it up ! - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Dave, of course not, and in fairness looking at all the diagrams it did throw everyone's assumptions into query, but at last we have sorted it and it gives me faith the dealer knew what he was talking about. As usual Dan (Duncho) has come up with the answer, we can all sleep well tonight
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

I will put my grill back on when the weather permits. Taking it off has made no difference, positive or negative.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Dr_Niss"]I will put my grill back on when the weather permits. Taking it off has made no difference, positive or negative.[/QUOTE]
When you put your grill back on, mines a bacon sandwich. Time to close this thread I think, we now have the answer.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Had my recall work done last Thursday.
Driving in to the garage it was snowing heavily and the warning light came on and deactivated the emergency braking system....it only eactivated, no braking occurred. I left the car with them for the day and collected it after work. Not been out in snow since so I can't comment on the braking update.
The first thing I did notice was that my phone was not paired with the car....rectified in under 2 minutes.
No change to the audio system....it is still the original from delivery in May 2014. Okay, so its not been updated, but then I never had any problems with it to begin with.
No change to any of the cars settings at all...everything works as before.
The only difference I have noticed is the way the parking sensors work, and it is different in two respects. The first is the range that is detected. Since delivery the first proximity bleeps came at just over 4ft, with the final solid warning coming at about 18inches. Now the bleeps start at 3ft and the final one at a touch over 1ft. Ive tried it a number of times and it is more consistent than it was since new. The second difference is the button to activate/deactivate the parking sensors. From delivery, when activated, the button was lit all the time whilst driving. Now, the light is on from stationary and goes off at exactly 10mph. Slowing down and the light comes back on when you have slowed to 10mph again. At first I thought it was faulty, but ive given it 3 days of use now and it works consistently. Up to now ive had no false warning bleeps when stationary with nothing in front of me as I did have previously, so I can only assume from this that the software update that was due to be rolled out in February was carried out last Thursday as well.
Just waiting for a bit more snow now to see if the radar has actually been rectified.