Recall 2014 - Tow bar Forward Emergency Braking

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Dave,The picture you've taken is something i commented on previously.It appears to be mounted / lead to the airconditioning radiator?I'd assumed it was a thermostat for the outside air temperature as aircon is quite tempremental when the outside temperature is cold.I hope it's not the radar as i had to partially cover it with electrical tape as the electrical "connector block" wasn't shielded and just hanging in the prevailing weather.It does have some of the black "trunking" as per your picture but it doesn't go all the way to the connectors and i don't consider that to be a good thing.It's possible the shielding was damaged when they did my front parking sensor swap out.Probably something else to get the dealer to have a look at.
AlleyCat2015-01-27 11:12:14
Nissan no more...

duncho

Post by duncho »

Guys, radar is not visible from outside, it's hidden behind the bumper.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dan, Great ! But where is it then ? That is I believe what we are trying to fathom out - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Qash

Post by Qash »

It£s point A in your manual
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Qash, that is fine I saw that also in the Manual, but where is it ? hidden behind the Plastic Bumper or should you be able to see it. I do not want to keep on on this point it is just of interest to me - Thanks Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Qash

Post by Qash »

Its hiden behind bumper so ceep it clean and nice :)
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

[quote="PeterL"]There was a lot of talk in the past about adding a grill to this area... no doubt this would impact on the radar?[/QUOTE]I have just removed my grill in response to this as I have rarely had a bleep from the collision detection although no error messages either.I have been bleeped at a bit more this afternoon but I don't have the balls to try it out too aggressively.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dr_Niss, thanks for your Swift Action it will be Interesting to see your comments if in fact the Grill does affect it - Dave
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

This is different, Qash posted a picture from his manual and now I shall do the same and interestingly it shows the radar to be under/below the bumper...

PeterL2015-01-27 21:33:25
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Qash

Post by Qash »

Translation from Swedish shows a little different text and images are called different:"Emergency brake system uses uses a radar sensor A placed in front of the vehicles to measure the distance to the vehicle in front of the the roadway"It might be two different versions.