Satnav in France - HELP

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
BrianW

Post by BrianW »

I have just acquired a 360 model and of course it has the inbuilt Satnav. I am travelling on holiday to France in just over 4 weeks and now have realised the presence of GPS with Traffic Camera locations is illegal. Does anybody know if this information has been patched out of the new Sat Navs or do we need some kind of software update. I have fired off questions to my dealer and to Nissan but no answers have been forthcoming yet. The punishments for having these facilities seem pretty draconian - up to 1500 Euro fine, possible confiscation of equipment or car. Some of you guys n gals must have been over to France in the last 18 months since the new laws came in. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

tim17

Post by tim17 »

Looking at various threads on other Nissan owners forums it seems as though Nissan have deleted the speed camera locations in France from the latest NavTec editions. You can also pay for an update from Nissan if your Connect system is more than a few months old.I've also emailed Nissan for confirmation of the above as I'm about take delivery of a Qashqai +2 so will post again if I get a reply.Living in France I'm not aware of anyone who's been stopped by the Gendarmes for having an illegal Sat Nav so I wouldn't worry too much.