Qashqai Interior

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
tabbytote

Post by tabbytote »

Hi all, I've just ordered a new Qashqai for my wife who loved the car, my only reservation was that the interior looked very dated but doing a little research found that Qashqai's sold in Asia have a completely different dash with a bigger pop up sat nav and generally looks a lot more sexier than the European version. Any one know why?

tabbytote

Post by tabbytote »

and another:
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

The asian ones are not made in England.....
tabbytote

Post by tabbytote »

It's a bit strange why they can't use this format for the Sunderland cars because the media reviews comment on the dated look also! The cars in Asia also get a better spec including a choice of different leather and DVD player...
Dan

Post by Dan »

Like you say it has been picked up in a few reviews and I know the next QashQai model is rumored to have a much better quality interior. That said I personally quite like the current one. I'm not particularly fussed on some of the 'fancy' dashboards and like them simple and functional.
Dan

Post by Dan »

[quote="tabbytote"]It's a bit strange why they can't use this format for the Sunderland cars because the media reviews comment on the dated look also! The cars in Asia also get a better spec including a choice of different leather and DVD player...[/QUOTE]
Had a chat with a friend last night and he told me the reason why;The early UK Tekna Qashqais (2007/2008) all came with the high level screen but were superseded by the connect unit in 2009 when it was given a minor facelift. They stopped it as the early ones as seen in the pics could play dvds and this is illegal while driving in the UK.The new qashqai will get the connect2 with a 5.8 in screen and google apps via subscription, same as the juke is currently getting now..