auto gearbox fault Cvt

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
lola

Post by lola »

Hi guys. I need your help resolving this issues with the qashqai automatic gearbox cvt fault .my car's gearbox has failed at a mileage of just under 25k. Which is way too premature. I took the car to Nissan and I have been told it will cost 7000 pounds to replace. I'm devastated as you can imagine I have bought the car in November last year for 13000. I have contacted Nissan but they said they can't do anything about it because the car is not longer under warranty. Please I need your help to raise awareness of this growing issues which is well known by Nissan yet they choose to ignore it. Same problem had happened in the USA and Canada and Nissan had recognised it and took appropriate action by extending the warranty period on gearbox for 5years. Many owners of qashqai in the UK are experiencing this issues. This car are not fit for purpose.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Its a known fact CVT gearboxes are very unreliable to the fact that Nissan has been forced to warranty their gearboxes in America for 10 years. Here is something to get u started.

http://www.nissanassist.com/faqs.php?menu=3

lola wrote:Hi guys. I need your help resolving this issues with the qashqai automatic gearbox cvt fault .my car's gearbox has failed at a mileage of just under 25k. Which is way too premature. I took the car to Nissan and I have been told it will cost 7000 pounds to replace. I'm devastated as you can imagine I have bought the car in November last year for 13000. I have contacted Nissan but they said they can't do anything about it because the car is not longer under warranty. Please I need your help to raise awareness of this growing issues which is well known by Nissan yet they choose to ignore it. Same problem had happened in the USA and Canada and Nissan had recognised it and took appropriate action by extending the warranty period on gearbox for 5years. Many owners of qashqai in the UK are experiencing this issues. This car are not fit for purpose.
lola

Post by lola »

Yes I come across it when I was doing some research. But until we all unite and make our voices heard Nissan won't do anything. That is why I need help from every owner experiencing the same issue or have in the past to get in touch with me. I need a petition from all of them.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

This should be posted in the J10 thread as presumably pre 2013 QQ?

If car has been serviced regularly at Nissan dealership they may be prepared to make
goodwill claim on Nissan on your behalf; if not, you're on your own.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
lola

Post by lola »

I have already been in touch with Nissan anf they said there is nothing they can do for me as the car is no longer under warranty. Nissan are very aware of this issues associated with the auto gearbox cvt but yet they choosing to ignore it. That's why I need help if a good number of Nissan owners experiencing or has in the past unite and make this public I'm sure they will do something as Nissan USA and Canada had done for their customers. Please I need help I'm desperate
QashqaiPete
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by QashqaiPete »

Hello lola
sorry to hear about your cvt problem. I own a J10 CVT Ntec+ 2012 from new.
My car suffered a catastrophic CVT break down after 15 Months and only 12000 miles!!! Im on motorway started making rumbling sounds and without any worning light on dash car just had no drive engine was fine.
Whole family stuck on motorway for 2 1/2 hours got picked up by RAC and took car to dealer next day cause it was late.
Dealer said that they had two more similar cars with CVT break downs but not with such few miles like mine.
They fixed it under warranty in 5 days total gearbox replacement as they don't open them only install new ones.
I got 15 months warranty on it as that's when my 3 yr warranty ended .Ever since then every time they service it I ask them to check the fluid .
So far I haven't had any issues with it.
Anyway as someone wrote if you have full Nissan service history they might pay some of the bill.
Hope this info helped.
Good luck.
2018 J11B Tekna 1.2 Dig T- Xtronic Gun Metallic ,Mud Flaps , Footwell lights , Bonnet Struts.
lola

Post by lola »

Unfortunately I don't I didn't buy my car from Nissan dealer. And they won't help. I'm beyond devastation
QashqaiPete
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by QashqaiPete »

Try looking for reconditioned CVT gearbox never give up you ll figure it out at the end you ll see.
2018 J11B Tekna 1.2 Dig T- Xtronic Gun Metallic ,Mud Flaps , Footwell lights , Bonnet Struts.
jigsawged
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by jigsawged »

As a new member of the Forum, this is my first post but probably not my last. Like "Lola" I purchased a Nissan Qashqai petrol Acenta from a dealer (not Nissan). The vehicle was first registered in 2013 and bought by me in August 2015 when the car was 2 years old. The current mileage is just short of 33K.

The vehicle has been regularly serviced (not Nissan) and carefully driven by a mature driver (69). I totally loved the Qashqai until last week (Sunday) when the gearbox became faulty without any engine management alert except that it began to behave erratically during a journey. The tacho shot up and down between 1.5 and 3000 RPM and the car began to "kangaroo". At first I thought that it was a fuel problem - the car settled down and behaved normally for short periods before once more behaving erratically.

I made it home and had the car taken into my regular garage first thing next day (Monday). After inspection, I was advised that the gearbox was shot and needed a replacement which will cost a little under 5K. When I recovered from the shock, I had no option but to authorise the work or scrap the damn thing so the work was authorised.

During the week a new Nissan CVT gearbox was sourced but when it arrived at the garage it was for a 4x4 and had been wrongly packaged. Nissan reported that no exchange could be made until an investigation as to why it was in the wrong box, was conducted (bizarre or what?). Later in the week I was advised that the correct replacement was being shipped from Amsterdam this Friday (8/12/17). I don't expect to have the car back until the middle of next week maybe.

Now it seems to me that a vehicle of that age and mileage can hardly be asserted to be "Fit for Purpose" I now find that this has been a common problem, even affecting younger vehicles with less mileage. I also find that Nissan are not receptive to justified claims when the car is out of warranty. I have yet to contact Nissan, I'm waiting until I am in possession of all the facts but I am not hopeful.

Customers in the US have had some success with "class action" cases and perhaps this is the only way that UK owners can achieve satisfaction. Has anyone other than "Lola" given thought to getting together and taking Nissan on?
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Jigs,

You dont need to buy new, you can get the gearbox repaired. I did a quick Google Search. I'm sure there are many many more gearbox repairers.

http://www.reconditioned-gearbox.co.uk/ ... gIUBfD_BwE

https://www.stephensengineering.co.uk/a ... n-repairs/

GL

jigsawged wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:11 pm As a new member of the Forum, this is my first post but probably not my last. Like "Lola" I purchased a Nissan Qashqai petrol Acenta from a dealer (not Nissan). The vehicle was first registered in 2013 and bought by me in August 2015 when the car was 2 years old. The current mileage is just short of 33K.

The vehicle has been regularly serviced (not Nissan) and carefully driven by a mature driver (69). I totally loved the Qashqai until last week (Sunday) when the gearbox became faulty without any engine management alert except that it began to behave erratically during a journey. The tacho shot up and down between 1.5 and 3000 RPM and the car began to "kangaroo". At first I thought that it was a fuel problem - the car settled down and behaved normally for short periods before once more behaving erratically.

I made it home and had the car taken into my regular garage first thing next day (Monday). After inspection, I was advised that the gearbox was shot and needed a replacement which will cost a little under 5K. When I recovered from the shock, I had no option but to authorise the work or scrap the damn thing so the work was authorised.

During the week a new Nissan CVT gearbox was sourced but when it arrived at the garage it was for a 4x4 and had been wrongly packaged. Nissan reported that no exchange could be made until an investigation as to why it was in the wrong box, was conducted (bizarre or what?). Later in the week I was advised that the correct replacement was being shipped from Amsterdam this Friday (8/12/17). I don't expect to have the car back until the middle of next week maybe.

Now it seems to me that a vehicle of that age and mileage can hardly be asserted to be "Fit for Purpose" I now find that this has been a common problem, even affecting younger vehicles with less mileage. I also find that Nissan are not receptive to justified claims when the car is out of warranty. I have yet to contact Nissan, I'm waiting until I am in possession of all the facts but I am not hopeful.

Customers in the US have had some success with "class action" cases and perhaps this is the only way that UK owners can achieve satisfaction. Has anyone other than "Lola" given thought to getting together and taking Nissan on?