Chipped windscreen

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
karansadhwani

Post by karansadhwani »

So just had an annoying incident over the weekend, was parked up on a gravel track and spotted a couple of tiny chips on the windscreen after getting home. I suspect this might have been caused through cars driving up the other way on the gravel track.

Anyway, the insurance company sent someone over to have a look and repair the windscreen damage, their assessment was that each chip is less than 2mm and the repair wouldn't do much of a difference.

I might just take up the repair myself, anybody know if DIY windscreen repair kits like Rain-X etc are of any use?
Grey 2012 Nissan Qashqai N-tec +

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I haven't used any repair kits myself but the Rain-X seems to get generally favourable reviews on Amazon. However the Laser 5198 repair kit there has more reviews and a lot of positive feedback.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
karansadhwani

Post by karansadhwani »

Thanks for the advise, looked up Laser 5198.

Per customer reviews on Amazon seems it will work with our chip profile, but split opinion on whether it will cause a material difference.

I haven't taken the car out since we chipped it, going to give it a few miles to figure if it is an eye sore or gets in the way of driving. If either of the two happen, will get it fixed.
Grey 2012 Nissan Qashqai N-tec +