Reversing Camera

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
leeful

Post by leeful »

Hi all,

I'm new to QQ and the Forum, so hopefully someone can help by pointing me in the right direction.

When i put my QQ into reverse, the camera comes up on the screen as it should.
The problem i have is that the pic/lens seems to be at an angle, so the bumper seems to be angled.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Does anyone know how i can readjust the camera/lens?

cheers
Nissan Qashqai, 2.0 dCi N-TEC 2WD, J10 Facelift, Black Metallic

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

leeful, this is the view we get from the rear camera so if you get any different I would suggest popping into your Dealer to check it out after all he has your Money and should offer a service, give it a try. I would not recommend playing with it in case it goes wrong and they play the Guarantee game - Dave ;)

image.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ynysygwas

Post by ynysygwas »

The camera on my previous QQ (2009) got pushed out of place after I carried a couple of bicycles in the boot. The image then showed part of the bumper on one side. I suppose even a millimetre distortion in the tailgate would affect the camera view quite a bit.
I did get it more or less back to normal by brute strength pushing the camera back. Probably is better to get the dealer to sort it properly though!
A Tekna, because I admit I need all the help I can get.