Hard Locked Qashqai

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Clareqq

Post by Clareqq »

Just thought I'd share my experience from earlier today with other Qashqai members. Parked our 1.6 petrol Qashqai last night and when my wife tried to start it this morning, nothing happened. Dash lights came on, key would turn but no noise from starter. She called me at work and my first thought was flat battery but everything was working, bluetooth was connected, radio was on so did a quick google search. A chap in the US had a similar problem when his American Nissan "Rogue" did the same thing. His local Nissan garage told him how to fix it over the phone. Apparently if the car is turned off while the steering is at hard lock some sort of security feature activates. To start the car you insert the key and commence turning the steering wheel in whatever direction it will go (it will only be possible to turn it 1 way) and whilst turning the wheel keep the key turned to start. This can be kind of hard to do and you might need a second set of hands. Lo and behold it worked !!!! Car fired up and away she went.

Don't you just love the internet!!!!

Dan

Post by Dan »

Great that you managed to get sorted - thanks for sharing too - hopefully it will come in useful to some on here