Stopping fumes entering

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
sarahmic

Post by sarahmic »

Hi

I can't seem to do the right setting to stop fumes from cars in front of me entering the cabin.

I switch on the middle console which in turn i can switch on A/c and next to a/c is a button which indicates air flowing round only inside the car - so i switch that on, but there is still air entering the cabin from the vents!

Even with everything switched off fumes/air still enter the vents.

Help! :(

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

It seems you are doing things correctly, take a look at the attachment and see if it helps you.
Definitely on our QQ it works by shutting off the outside air as yesterday we had a two stroke bike in front and the fumes were horrendous. Perhaps you have an opening or a plug missing which is allowing the fumes in. This should not be as fumes are dangerous, it would appear a visit to your Dealer is a Must ! - Dave ;)

image.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
sarahmic

Post by sarahmic »

Yes, it seems I'm doing the right procedure but what if I don't want the a/c on while recirculating air?

Do I have to turn on the System on/off button and press recirculate button and then switch off a/c?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

OK, take a look at these. I think it is just a matter of playing around with the System, all new stuff takes time to understand and get confident with - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

As far as I am aware the recirculation setting only works with the heater/aircon switched on. When you switch it off the flapper/valves inside the ducting revert back to the open position. This has been the case in my previous vehicles over the years.
sarahmic

Post by sarahmic »

gvmdaddy wrote:As far as I am aware the recirculation setting only works with the heater/aircon switched on. When you switch it off the flapper/valves inside the ducting revert back to the open position. This has been the case in my previous vehicles over the years.
I think that this is the case !!

If it's so then Nissan have made a Stupid mistake as in MOST OTHER CARS you can stop fumes entering the cabin WITHOUT having to switch-on heater/aircon! Sometimes it's just a lever which you change from right to left.