Car was dead

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
toffee1878

Post by toffee1878 »

Hi got a 59 plate quasqui been running well,called at the garage today filled her up come to go as I turned the key I thought I'd seen a flash of lights on the car in front.Looked at dashboard blank no ignition or any thing just dead,I popped the bonnet got out lifted the bottom and the wife shouts all the lights came on and radio.So when back to the car tried it dead still,went back to the engine,looking like I knew what I was doing gave the battery leads a pull there both solid good connections.Went back to the car and it started and even ok since then,anyone any idea what this could've been just in case this happens again

pawb

Post by pawb »

Something similar happened to me after filling up. I got back in my car and it started for about 2 seconds then stopped. The dashboard lights kept on along with the radio but I could not start or turn off the ignition. I got a key error message on the display and thought it was the battery. I changed the battery without success and even asked my son to bring the second key to try and get it started again without success. As I have the 1.6 auto i was stuck at the pump not being able to move the car.
Contacted Nissan RAC who came to the rescue by disconnecting the live battery lead and held a wire between the battery port and what i believe to be the ECU for a few minutes. SUCCESS.
I was told by the technician that this was what is known as a hard reset. This apparantly was not the first time this has happened on a garage forecourt.
1.6 dCi Acenta Premium Xtronic Storm White