Locking yourself inside the car!

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
rss1234

Post by rss1234 »

Hi,
This may sound ridiculous but can someone tell me if there is a mechanical way to get out of the car if you are locked in without the key?

The other day my toddler was playing outside and locked his mum in the car and she couldn't get out.

After this happened, I tried to see myself and I could not get out either. The door handles did not work and nothing I tried did. Thus any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

There's a lock/unlock switch on the driver's door. If the car is equipped with the smartkey and push-button start, and the key was inside, locking from the outside would not be possible. In any case, the master switch is on the driver's door, which I frequently use when having a power nap inside.
rss1234

Post by rss1234 »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

The lock/unlock switch does not work if the car is locked with the remote key. Other cars can be opened just by using the door handle even when they are locked with the remote. Unfortunately this does not work with the Nissan. That is why I am asking if there is another way around this.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Short answer is no. The QQ employs a 'Superlock' system. Once locked from outside the vehicle the only way to get out of the car is to open or smash a window and climb out, or manually open the door from the outside with the physical door key if you have one with you inside the car. Its all in the owners manual.
rss1234

Post by rss1234 »

Thanks gvmdaddy. Couldn't find it in the manual.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Did you also try pushing unlock key??

That would unlock and confirmation is padlock icon in centre console extinguishing.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
rss1234

Post by rss1234 »

The unlock key won't work
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Gel wrote:Did you also try pushing unlock key??

That would unlock and confirmation is padlock icon in centre console extinguishing.
This will not work if the car is locked from the outside. Neither can you open a window, you have to break the glass to get out. Best solution is don't give the ikey to your infants to play with.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Side effect is that you can use QQ in this state, to detain miscreants until old bill arrive!!
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

gvmdaddy wrote:
Gel wrote:Did you also try pushing unlock key??

This will not work if the car is locked from the outside. Neither can you open a window, you have to break the glass to get out. Best solution is don't give the ikey to your infants to play with.
This isn't limited to just the iKey, but nearly all Nissan cars fitted with remote central locking. It's called a 'dead lock', or in Nissan's words a 'super lock'. Even if there were lock leavers on the door (as per older cars), they would still not operate the lock mech..

Essentially if you are in a Nissan locked by the remote central locking..... your stuck!