Digital speedo

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
NissanGB

Post by NissanGB »

mbridge2610 wrote:Picked up the new QQ today. I've noticed that the speedos don't match.

The needle speedo is fine, but the electronic one doesn't seem to be working, in as much as the speed doesn't move as you accelerate/brake. Is this a common known issue?
Hi Mbridge2610,

It's the odometer trip meter for your mileage readout from its last reset. So nothing to do with the speed of the vehicle. It measures how far you have gone from the last time you've reset it - a handy way of knowing how long that school run is, or how many miles you clock in a week perhaps! Happy driving! :) ^BA

mbridge2610

Post by mbridge2610 »

Thanks very much for the reply BA, appreciated :)
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

hello the digital spedo is very large but it doesnt need to be used because we have the conventional type i wonder because you say it hasnt moved if you refer to the arrow that points to the consumption ie 13.1 5.6 etc if you mean this it only starts to work (on mine after 500km) once i changed it to mpg and after a while back to km and it delayed to work until i had clocked up 500km again it points on a blue line if its what you are wanting it will be very informative especially with eco settings that will iluminate or flash for econamy after 500km hope this helps let me know when tou have covered enough miles redards ps my 1.6tecna diesel is the best car i have ever had brian
brian