Hydraulic Clutch

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
mbridge2610

Post by mbridge2610 »

Please excuse the ignorance here... we are collecting our new 57 plate QQ tomorrow, and during the test drive we noticed the clutch was high and mentioned to the sales guy. He said that the car was going through a service before collection and it would be checked.

He called today and said that the clutch is fine, but the reason it was high is due to it having a Hydraulic Clutch. Now i've never knowingly driven a car with a Hydraulic Clutch... and wouldnt know one if it slapped me round the face.

I guess my question is, is it right that the QQ has such a clutch, and if so, is it fair to say that they are fairly high to bite?

TIA

Atif

Post by Atif »

Most of the modern cars have hydraulic clutch, that's not something new.
Qashqai 1.6 CVT 2014
begbie1976

Post by begbie1976 »

My qashqai (10 plate) hasn't got a high bite point. I would say it's in the middle of the pedal's travel. I was driving my wife's car (13 plate peugeot 208) for a month before buying my qashqai and had to get used to the high bit point. According to 208 forums, this is common but it is so close to the top of the pedal's travel that the clutch slips slightly if driving with your foot resting on the pedal. Is the qashqai that you're looking at as bad as that? If so, I'd say the clutch is on it's way out. I've test drove 4 qashqai's before I bought mines and didn't notice a high bite point on any of them.