remapping

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
bike kid

Post by bike kid »

anyone had there qq remapped, can you tell us about it

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Most likely invalidate your warranty so I wouldn't bother. Also it's an all round family car not a hot hatch. Are there any real legitimate reasons for remapping?
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

may also invalidate insurance too; Superchips haven't done for J11 as yet:
http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/search?make= ... riant=2514
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I think the bottom line is no, don't do it. If you want a faster car then it is better to go out and buy one. As said it would invalidate the warranty and substantially increase your insurance premium. When all is said and done it is a family car and best left as such.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
whitekna

Post by whitekna »

gvmdaddy wrote:Are there any real legitimate reasons for remapping?
More torque and improved fuel economy.

If i had a Qashqai that was out of warranty, i'd be taking it to somewhere like Avon Tuning to have a DPF removal and remap.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

whitekna wrote:

If i had a Qashqai that was out of warranty, i'd be taking it to somewhere like Avon Tuning to have a DPF removal and remap.
More torque and better fuel economy? Maybe one or the other but not both! Dont believe all you read on these 'chipping' websites.
Also, if you remove or disconnect any part of the dpf or its system then your car cannot pass its MOT. Instant fail.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

whitekna wrote:

Why? It will still be a Qashqai and not a GTI R type RS something or other.
whitekna

Post by whitekna »

gvmdaddy wrote:Also, if you remove or disconnect any part of the dpf or its system then your car cannot pass its MOT. Instant fail.
I'm sorry but that is incorrect, lots of people have deleted their DPF and their cars still pass the MOT.

http://avontuning.co.uk/2013/10/dpf-rem ... gulations/
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

If your car had a factory fitted DPF and it is noted that this is no longer fitted at the MOT it is an automatic fail. I believe most cars that pass the MOT without their original DPF do so because it is not easy to pick up on the test from an external inspection. It certainly invalidates you insurance unless you notify the insurance company and they agree an amendment to the policy.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

You will also need to notify your insurance company if you remap, which will almost certainly up your premium by what could be a large amount, and failure to do so would invalidate your cover. Re-mapping is dodgy ground for very little benefit, as others say buy a different car if you want performance.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors