Rear door grip

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
touche

Post by touche »

Hi I'm new to the forum and need some advice at the weekend I went to open the boot on my qashqai and the grip broke away in my hands the lugs have snapped of inside the moulding has any body come across the same problem and is it easy or expensive to rectify I have seen chrome ones on the Internet are they easy to fit thanks

pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

ask the supplier if they are easy to fit ... Some are covers so you need the original in place before you clip them over the origingalpistnbroke2013-02-03 09:12:56
BillB

Post by BillB »

Hi,This boot lid cover is a poor design as all the load of lifting is transfered through the flimsy mouldings inside the cover. The load applied can be fairly high if the boot release is not opened before you lift the boot lid ! To replace you need to remove the iside cover from the boot lid and then remove the five bolts from the boot lid and then slide them into the replacement moulding (which will cost you about £160 !!!!!!!) and then refit the assembly of cover and bolts back onto the boot lid. To be able to remove the numberplate lights and boot lock switch you need to disconnect that piece of the wiring harness from inside the boot lid. Bill
BillB
touche

Post by touche »

thanks for the reply ive sorted it now at my local dealer £259 painted and fitted a bit steep but it has to be done i will be careful when opening from now on
BerkshireQQ

Post by BerkshireQQ »

This happened to me.Tailgate handle fixing is VERY flimsy considering the forces it is expected to take.I repaired mine by removing all the wiring connectors and removing the fixing bolts from inside the tailgate.(You have to remove the tailgate lower trim to gain access.)I then re-fixed the bolts in position on the broken handle using a product called Plastic Bumper Fill (Made by Isopon). You can get it in Halfords.You must make sure that the bolts are in the correct position on the handle as you form the plastic filler around them to fix them otherwise they will not line up with the holes in the tailgate.When hardened just re-fix after re-connecting the wiring.Do not tighten the fixing nuts on the bolts too much!Mine has held fine although obviously I have learned the lesson not to put excessive force on the handle in future!
BerkshireQQ2015-02-11 11:40:09
ceilidhqueen

Post by ceilidhqueen »

Hi yes this just happen to me brittle plastic clips in boot handle have snapped Nissan want £250 to repair i.m not happy at all and holding off getting this done. No reply from customer services as yet!
ceilidhqueen
BerkshireQQ

Post by BerkshireQQ »

I was quoted less than that from my local dealer. About £120 I seem to remember.Cost was for part (which is base colour) painting in body colour but fitting by myself. (It is a fairly easy job.)
ceilidhqueen

Post by ceilidhqueen »

Hi thats good to know thanks for your reply, going to see Nissan dealer so will try and come to a resolutuion. £120 is acceptable to me but not £250 plus! It seems to be a wide spread manufacturing falt the boot is far too heavy for the small plastic clips fitted. Cheers
ceilidhqueen
TeamHKB

Post by TeamHKB »

Just had my second handle break at the weekend on an 09 plate. First one broke in 2013. My local Glyn Hopkins branch want £227 to replace it!! Awaiting to hear from Nissan directly after twittering this problem. Appalling design fault, but apparently we're not supposed to pull the boot open by this 'trim' but put our fingers underneath the boot and pull open. Okay if you've got skinny fingers I suppose.
ceilidhqueen

Post by ceilidhqueen »

Hi sorry to hear about your tailgate problem. I was quoted £240 to repair but luckily went to another dealer. Prepared for a poor response I had gathered as much information reported about the tailgate issue as possible on my iPad many from this site and presented it to the Nissan garage dealer he agreed it was a poor design which has now been remodelled after 2012. Anyway he was more sympathetic and repaired it quickly for free, so please persevere get another opinion and keep trying. I used black masking tape to hold it together until it was sorted it left no marks by the way. Good luck, let me know how you get on. Cheers

ceilidhqueen