No power from battery on audio harness

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
larsbwinther

Post by larsbwinther »

Hi there. After reading along on this great forum for some time, here's my first post. I've searched as best I could for answers but no luck:

I wanted to change the factory head unit on my 2013 QQ+2 for a more advanced one (looking forward to trying the Pioneer AppRadio when I get it all up and running ;-)). But during the install, suddently I had no power from the battery wire on the audio harness/ISO. There IS power on the ACC connector. I admit, I was too lazy to disconnect the battery, which I deeply regret now...

I guess I must have blown a fuse (everything else is working fine!), but I can't figure out which. It's not the audio fuse (and again, there's power on the ACC wire, which connects to that). I've looked at all the other fuses under the dashboard without finding any that are blown, and from what I can see, it's none of those in the engine room either.

Can anybody help me? With concrete suggestions/solutions or with diagrams showing the wiring (and any hidden in-line fuses?) from the audio 'compartment'?

Best, Lars

glen022

Post by glen022 »

Are you using a harness adapter or splicing in ?

There are 3 +12v. And 2 acc if memory serves
larsbwinther

Post by larsbwinther »

It's an adaptor bought to fit the Pioneer unit... But I'm measuring at the plug at the end of the car's own harness.

The plug is this one...

Skærmbillede 2015-12-22 kl. 20.12.43.png

glen022

Post by glen022 »

Really busy at the minute but when I get 5 I will look into the pin out for the car side
larsbwinther

Post by larsbwinther »

Thanks. It's pin 19 which is suddently dead (wasn't from the start). Right now I've just taken extra power from the ACC-pin, but this means that i loose power to the unit every time I power off the car and no settings are saved.... :-/
larsbwinther

Post by larsbwinther »

Hi again

Santa came early this year, in the form of a neighbour who helped me out. Turns out i had a blown fuse (15a) in the fuse-box in the glove compartment (this fuse-box is not mentioned in any of the manuals I have). This did the trick, so problem is solved! Hopefully the solution can help other QQ owners in distress in the future...

Best, Lars