auto locking

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
bike kid

Post by bike kid »

anyone know if the doors should lock when you drive off ?
all preveous cars i have had has done this, but with my qashqai i carn't hear the doors lock.
also cannot find anything about it in the hand book !

Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

The simple answer is, no they don't lock as you drive off. This has been covered before, a search of the forum will find more detailed answers
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
Picasso

Post by Picasso »

Unless you have a mk1 Qq as you posted in the mk1 section then assuming you
Do have early one in which you can set them to lock.
bike kid

Post by bike kid »

2013 dci can you explain how to set it thanx.
duncho

Post by duncho »

There is a hope of getting autolock on J11 :) Qashqai should be produced in China so I guess it won't take too long untill someone put his hands on it :)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Picasso

Post by Picasso »

According to the other qashqai site which is biased towards mk1 s
You turn ignition on and hold power door lock for 10/15 secs until
You hear a beep.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

If you read earlier posts on both forums, you will find there is nothing you can do to auto-lock unless you go for a non Nissan accessory add on. You will also find a reference as to why the auto lock is no longer featured, which relates to new legislation coming into force shortly stating no cars will have auto lock on new models.
Nissan obviously decided to remove the feature to stay in front of this new legislation early to ensure it met the new laws and no doubt take advantage of saving some costs at the same time by doing so.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Picasso wrote:According to the other qashqai site which is biased towards mk1 s
You turn ignition on and hold power door lock for 10/15 secs until
You hear a beep.
I did buy an autolock plug in module from Alibaba after they said it would work on J11 models;
it didn't- got refund.
Last edited by Gel on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
BWA

Post by BWA »

I don't understand why people want this, guess maybe if you have younger children. The Toyota avensis I just changed for my qashqai had it on and I hated the feature, having to unlock the doors every journey for your passengers to get out was a pain in the harris
65 plate Tekna 1.5 DCI with panoramic roof, magnetic red, space saver spare wheel kit
duncho

Post by duncho »

BWA wrote:I don't understand why people want this, guess maybe if you have younger children. The Toyota avensis I just changed for my qashqai had it on and I hated the feature, having to unlock the doors every journey for your passengers to get out was a pain in the harris
What you just wrote "had to unlock the doors for passengers to get out" is only a case of car equipped with so called Superlock. It's very rare feature build for European market. Otherwise, you don't need to open the door to allow tgem to get out as each door handle pull will unlock the car.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!