2012 Tekna 1.5 Dci

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
sarahmic

Post by sarahmic »

Hi Friends Just acquired this 1.5 diesel and am very happy.Extremely economical car! May I ask for your comments about the 1.5dci engine please? : What sort of problems have you encountered with this Renault engine, although I've heard that it's a well proven engine used in lots of cars. Thank you for your forthcoming comments on the most common problems with this engine.

fabes

Post by fabes »

Hi

Had ours in a 11 reg QQ+2 or 14 months and 8,000 miles now
No problems at all
It does get a decent run on a monthly basis and was faultless on a 2,600 km / 1,700m trip to Berlin, Belgium and Amsterdam this month

I have installed a Bluefin remap for a modest little extra oomph 2 months ago with no issues (except a noticeable boost to mid range)

Mpg isn't quite what they suggest but that's true of all engines to be fair

Cambelt problem (there is a sticky on that issue on here) affected earlier cars but I will be getting mine done at 5 years next Feb ( not by Nissan though)

HTH
sarahmic

Post by sarahmic »

Thanks for the only reply from a newbie fabes - I would have expected more replies from old timers here!1) I had read somewhere that from 2012 onwards they had solved the Cambelt problem; 2) I'm doing 37 mpg (diesel) with a/c constantly switched on and in urban roads, so I expect that without the a/c I should be getting at least 45 mpg.
fabes

Post by fabes »

Perhaps they're all out in their cars....
This forum isn't always that busy though

We got 44 over the 1,700 miles ( at speed across Europe), but see 50mpg on a more sedate run in the UK, but mid 30s around town)
AC is always on

Have a good weekend

Fabes
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

Turning a/c of wont make much difference to mpg, maybe in the past but it much more efficient these days & the 1.5 only has a diddy pump to drive. If you are thinking of turning it off over winter I wouldnt recommend it, its not just for cooling & leaving it off for long periods cant result in stale smell when you start using it again. For more reasons see belowhttp://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/air-conditioning/As for mpg on both my QQs I got about the same, 1st was a 1.5 2010 without dpf & 2nd a 2013 1.5 +2 with dpf. 1st was was recalled to sort timing belt issue in Apr 2013 about 2 months before we got 2nd. Generally low to mid 30s but that is almost all very short town journeys & in traffic. Always re set before a long run & get mid 40s to 50. Thats using read out & checked the the good old fashioned proper wayEDIT also this forum was formed about the same time as the new QQ was released & is geared more (although not exclusively) to that model. The other forum (which I believe you are also a member of) was formed at the release of the original QQ & is more gererally J10 orientated, although both are good on either model
kinelfire2015-08-29 23:33:38
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
sarahmic

Post by sarahmic »

Thanks for your interesting post kf! Much appreciated.