Nissan connect blackout

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Ren17

Post by Ren17 »

Hi,I'm wondering if anyone has experienced similar or can shed some light on a problem that's developed on my 2010 Tekna in the last couple of weeks.After starting the engine and Connect firing up, within 20 seconds or so the screen goes black and it feels like the power steering has cut out too gone and the car starts pulling to the left and I have no control over it. Most strange. It's momentary - 2 or 3 seconds and then Connect fires up again and everything is back to normal. It is a bit worrying for those few seconds and obviously the big concern is that it could happen when cruising along at higher speed I don't know if it's related but also on three separate occasions in the last few weeks Connect has asked me for the 4 digit pin code, which it's never done in the 5 years I've had the car. The most recent time I'd turned the engine off, got out of the car to open the boot... and nothing. It wouldn't open. Went to turn the key in the ignition and all the dials started jumping. Switching off and on again seemed to do the trick but it asked for pin code.I'm not hugely technical but I'm guessing this is some kind of connection / electrical fault? I'm happy to take it to Nissan for their opinion and to get it fixed but wondered if any other owners have experienced similar or have any idea what it might be. And obviously if there is any simple fix or check I can do, that would be great. And is it likely to be expensive? Information is power! Thanks in advance

Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I think you need to ask a forum of old-model Qashqai owners. We have the new model so probably can't really help.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

But Steve, he's posted in the J10 section..? Ren, sounds like an electrical issue to me - could the battery no longer be producing enough power? Unfortunately anything to do with dealers is expensive, but it would at least be free to take your battery somewhere for checking (provided you'll not have radio code issues or the like when the battery is removed - I don't know if it can be properly tested in situ) Good luck!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Oh, I didn't know that J10 issues still showed through in J11 section. Surely that's not right.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I guess all new posts show up regardless of section. Let's not be snobby towards our lesser-endowed cousins, LOL.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic