Pioneer AVIC F70DAB driving me nuts!!

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
David QQ10

Post by David QQ10 »

Hi all,I am the somewhat proud owner of a new Pioneer AVIC F70DAB ... somewhat proud because I haven't been able to get the darn thing working yet!I have a 2010 QQ+2 Tekna 2.0 Petrol Automatic with the Bose sound system. The stock stereo has the GPS, bluetooth, reversing camera etc. but I wanted to upgrade to a better unit, hence the Pioneer AVIC F70DAB.At the advice of the peeps at Halfords, I have purchased the following:Autoleads PC2-91-4 car audio harnessAutoleads PC5-147 car audio aerial adapterReversing Camera Retention AdapterFirst off, when using the car audio harness, there is now no sound coming from the unit.Secondly, the car can detect when I'm in reverse mode, but no picture shows on the unit.I've noticed that the (forgive my incorrect terminology here) white iso connectors has more wires plugged into it than the purchased harness and adapter.Could this be the reason why there is no sound and no picture? I've followed the instruction book and turned on the camera function on the actual unit and, as mentioned, it can detect when I'm in reverse gear, just there is no picture showing.Any ideas/suggestions will be appreciated.Many thanks!

geoffteeth

Post by geoffteeth »

Hi I'm thinking of getting this unit, did you resolve the issues in the end ?